1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New May Event!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MineYourMind, Apr 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MineYourMind

MineYourMind Official MYM Bot

Local Time:
    2:19 PM
    Good Morning MyM!
    I am very happy to announce that we will be having a Pixelmon Reforged Event (Shoutout to @hihello0773 for putting up the server), where you will do battle with all 7 Gym leaders, and challenge the Final Four and the Champion.
    Further details will be coming in the run-up to the event, which will begin on Thursday May 9 @ 12pm EST and end on Sunday the 12th @ 12 pm EST.
    You will be given 6 master balls in a dome of spawned in Pixelmon, and given the chance to select your team!
    The IP is pixelmonevent.mym.li with version 7.0.5 of Pixelmon Reforged (We will hopefully have a pack on the MyM launcher by the time the event is live)
    Please let us know if you're as excited as we are, and if you'd like to see more Pixelmon Events!
    The Event Team

ItzxOdd, Zxirl, bigbluu722 and 6 others like this.
  2. SilverRose13

SilverRose13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:19 AM
    ooooh pixelmon fight!

3. CN_Armor

CN_Armor Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    9:19 PM
    I haven't touched pokemon since like gen 4, and was never that into battle. Guess this will be interesting.

4. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What about Solar Panel Palooza

5. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That im pretty sure has been scrapped

6. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    We haven’t forgotten about Solar Panel Palooza, but it’s been pushed back into the drawing table due to the issues with the rollout(ex: the team idea not working out great).

7. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:19 AM
    How did "the team idea not workout"?
    Only problem we we're really told was the issues with game difficulty in nether/end

8. GreyWolf11

Local Time:
    There were individual issues that aren't going to be publicly discussed as they're personal to the participants. Anyhow this thread is not really meant for discussing the issues with the last event, but rather ideas for how to make this one awesome.

9. Vampiredawn

Vampiredawn Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:19 AM
    I'm sorry but I must protest based upon the past for Pixelmon packs. Minecraft Pokemon mod taken down after legal threats from Nintendo | GameCrate do not do this as it is against the law to use the Pokemon world (even if it is built from the ground up and uses different names) without Nintendo's consent. Unlike Minecraft where we have a EULA and agree to mod it at our own risk and run servers based on their rules, there is no such thing for Pokemon. Do so at your own risk

Fireforce likes this.
  10. ItzxOdd

ItzxOdd Not Very Well Known Member

Local Time:
    8:19 AM
  11. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    No idea what this is. But i will join the event. The only real experience i have from Pokemon is from Super smash bros. I did master to play with Pikachu and i can tell i was so hated for the lightning strikes. And the sound pika pika pika all the time didn't make it better, You could not resist to say pika your self when you were playing, And when you put it in the other players face they were lightened to death. I believe in all the frustrations and huge irritation you could not resist feeling the satisfaction of victory. POW in your face. Had so much fun,

Pika pika pika......

tonalom likes this.
  12. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    On the whole pika thing I played though Pokémon yellow whit Pikachu there's also a Pikachu festival in Japan

On the topic of the event I wish the participants good luck but let's keep it on the low burner Nintendo is known to really strike haaard agenst Thoes that uses there ip whit out consint

13. andreblue

andreblue Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This does sound like quite a fun thing.

14. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Technically during the first wave that Nintendo took against the original pixelmon mod they couldn't actually take any form of legal action against the servers themselves. Only the mod. So even if we were to run this I don't see a reason why it would be taken down

15. SilverRose13

SilverRose13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    And if you don't go blabbing about it to all social media, they won't even find out anyway even if they could do something

16. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Is this pixelmon coming back to MYM or is it a one time event? I would love to get back into it if its set to stay lol.

17. chaseB2

chaseB2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:19 AM
    At this time, there aren't any plans for it to come back, at least to my knowledge. However, if things work out and there is a good turn out for this event, there is possibility for future pixelmon events down the road. On an additional side note, there is an ongoing thread suggestion for a new pixelmon server here: Server request: Pixelmon reforged | MineYourMind Community If you're interested, I'd poke your head over there and give it some love, never hurts. :D

Punane likes this.
  18. GreyWolf11

Local Time:
    Building on what chase said, if we get good turnout in this event, there will be extended Pixelmon events that may include player tournaments, survival based pixelmon, player-champions/final four members etc.

19. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    For the time being, this is being put on hold until the issues can be sorted out.

20. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Punane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.