1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Animals despawning

Discussion in 'Project Ozone 2' started by Sareena, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Sareena

Sareena Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:30 AM
    I have had fluid cows on my island, but even after using a jailer's safari net AND nametagging them, they still despawn.
    This seems to have happened to others as well.

Can someone please address this?

2. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The mob limit probably hit and removed your cows. You'll most likely need to kill other mobs around your base to get them to stay. (Hostile and Passive).
    -V

3. Sareena

Local Time:
    Pretty sure it's not the mob limit. In fact now all but one cow and 2 chickens are left because they all despawned.
    What is the mob limit per chunk?

4. bigbluu722

Local Time:
    It's about 30 per 3x3 chunks (hostile and peaceful).
    -V

5. Sareena

Local Time:
    Then there is no way I was even close to the limit.
    Something else is going on.

6. There is also a server sidd mob limit.

7. Sareena

Local Time:
    The server side limit would not kick in and despawn animals that have been name tagged and had a jailer's net used on them already.

8. bigbluu722

Local Time:
    Our limiter is custom rather than the normal way a server would remove mobs and removes mobs that are named and jailer safari netted. No really other explanation why your mobs are getting removed other than our limiter as this is the case 99% of the time that others have the same issue.
    -V

9. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:30 PM
    jailed and named mobs still despawn on mym because of many different things

10. Sareena

Local Time:
    So it sounds like you are actually unsure of that answer. "No really other explanation".

And the "jailed and named mobs still despawn on mym because of many different things"

What different things?
    I don't have a ton of mobs, hostile or passive, on my island. In fact, when I lost my first fluid cow, it was the only mob on my island. Same exact scenario with the loss of the second fluid cow.

Instead of guesses, can I get an actual answer from a senior admin who understands how the server is setup?

11. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Our limiter is custom rather than the normal way a server would remove mobs and removes mobs that are named and jailer safari netted. No really other explanation why your mobs are getting removed other than our limiter as this is the case 99% of the time that others have the same issue.
    -V

12. Sareena

Local Time:
    Copy/paste, and of the answer that read as if he was guessing.
    That clarifies things.

13. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    He wasnt guessing, he knows how the servers work as do I. Just because you dont like an answer doesnt make it wrong. Your mobs despawned because mobs on modded minecraft servers tend to despawn, its a fact of life of modded minecraft servers due to constant chunk loading, and unloading and entities spawning and despawning. You just have to learn to live with it like everybody else.

14. Sareena

Local Time:
    First, no need to get angry or offended, you could have just provided an answer in a professional manner.
    Second, it's not that I didn't like the answer, it's that the answer reads as if he is guessing.
    And third, it's actually not a fact of life on modded minecraft servers. Mobs do not despawn after usually just name tagging them. But because that failed I did both the jailer's net and name tagging. You've even confirmed yourself that you have a custom limiter, implying this isn't used by any other network than this one.
    There is nothing on the site that states "don't count on any passive spawns because no matter what you do they will despawn".
    So I asked the question and did not get a confident answer, but rather an answer that read like "that's really the only explanation I can think of". Which is why I asked for a statement rather than a guess.

15. bigbluu722

Local Time:
    If I was guessing, I wouldn't have bothered to reply to the thread. As for "The only explanation I can think of", sometimes things break and require fixing (not usually, but sometimes). This is the normal occurrence and many players ask the same thing and the issue has been the mob limiter as well.
    -V