1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback clarify the site rules a bit more.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by deepcage, Jul 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    7:35 AM
    Apparently it is not allowed to ask patrons/legacy donators to leave so they can make room for non-patrons/legacy players.

We were told this by @CanadaBunny this falls under the following rule:
    "Bypassing server functions and restrictions, for example avoiding AFK-kick with an anti-AFK machine will not be tolerated".

For example: what else? You are being awfully vague on this one.

While this may be clear to you staffers, or just because SirWill told you staffers what it includes, it does not mean that regular players understand what that includes. This is not even about ignorance, its about you guys being not clear/complete.

Please include a clear rule stating that it is not allowed to ask players to leave to get your non-paying friend a slot. And you should probably also enforce some punishments since currently its still happening daily.
    And maybe clarify that rule a bit more with other examples to be clear on everything it entails.

2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    11:35 PM
    Not trying to be a jerk on this one, but I actually think the rule it falls under is pretty clear. We have limited slots on servers for pretty specific reasons. This is asking people to bypass a server function on the limit we set.
    I could put another quick example though if people thing it is that vauge.

3. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    well that patron thing is common sensen or not? if you reserve a place in a train you can sit on it. if someone comes to you asking if you would stand up so they can sit down (they havent payed for it) you would never do it ;)

Fireforce, LordEreh and tonalom like this.
  4. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Well here it works differently. You stand up, give your seat to the other guy, then you sit on top of him and hope the train doesn't explode

5. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I exploded with laugh cuz i imagined patron/legacy donator paying for a train ride and someone ask him to ride on man's lap instead cosy seat.
    I bet patron/donator pray to all gods ever believed by humankind that guy dont get a boner.

I personally shan't ever make a room for some1 in that situation:
    1. I paid for donator/patron so network runs thx to my monie so why i should make a room for freebie?
    2. As @Aidoneus said - player limit have it reasons - I remember hype train on PO2, it was hard to play at certain hours
    3. Hype train will slow down soon - week or RARE in 2 weeks hype will ease so there will be plenty of room to play
    4. Do you really want server(train in this simulation) looks like this?
    [​IMG]
    It's not very safe, much danger, not wow I'd say

BTW.
    About what server we talking 'bout?

6. deepcage

Local Time:
    While it may be obvious to you aido, it may not to most others. "Server functions and restrictions" is vague at best to most laymen. Its your thing since you are a staff with admin rank (who probably put part of those rules into place). but for normal-down-to-earth-players, this is not something they would think off.

To me personally; under server functions and restrictions, only the afk-bypass, overstating and picking up entities would come to mind. Not that you are not allowed to relog to let non-paying members in and avoid the player slot limit. It is clear to me now, but imagine how many players do not know about this (unless they read this topic). Just clarify the rules, its not that hard is it?

And actually enforce them for a change... Not just by telling people who ask for this "not allowed, bad you" but also by punishing the people who clearly dont give a poop and log anyways to let ppl in. i mean if its against the rules, then people logging for the rule-breakers should also be considered rule-breakers themselves and punished accordingly.

7. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    And how you would judge if some1 INTENTIONALLY log off to make room for someone from some1 who leave the game bc real-life circumstances or got error that kicks you?

You will never know for sure besides no man can make system that will work for every situation where the most unpredictable thing is other person.

8. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:35 AM
    Not sure where the apparently comes in, it is indeed against the rules to ask someone to log off so another player can log on in the place of the patron. This was further clarified by Sirwill when it became a reoccurring theme that this was ignoring the intentional server limits, ie bypassing server functions and restrictions.

It's not a vague statement, and prior to Sirwill openly stating as such when this was first an issue staff would enforce this verbally warning players on modpacks it was happening on.

As for punishments, this rule has been enforced by staff according to punishment guidelines up to and including being temporarily banned given repeat offenses. As far as the perception it isn't being enforced this is largely because these matters are not handled publicly as you know. If you feel it is a continued issue you can and SHOULD report it via the ticket system, forum post or even on discord if you can get someone's attention. The server limits are there because we want each and every pack to be playable, yes the limits are set lower than players would like, but we need to anticipate the addition of patrons who may also logon when the cap is reached.

Fireforce likes this.
  9. deepcage

Local Time:
    Where was this clarified? It sure as hell isnt clarified on the site rules (where it should be).

It might not be vague to you since its inside your area of expertise. Where did SirWill openly state this? Where is the topic about this? And why isnt this explicitly recorded in the rules

So we SHOULD report people for doing something nobody knows about except staff who heard about this in some unfindable post? How about you just make it understandable for all people including the uninitiated and adjust the website rules to include this specific instance?

To you the rules are clear, because you most likely helped write them, but they are not clear to those who are new to the network, hell they arent clear to people who have been playing here for years. The amount of ppl who ask on a daily basis to make room for a friend is about as high as all the people who still try to do public trades on skyblock servers. Because your rules are just not clear enough to include every situation.

10. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    10:35 PM
    Let's look at this from another angle. When someone asks for those with the reserved slot perk to log out, they are essentially allowing someone without the perk to log into an already full server, by artificially reducing the player count long enough for them to log in.

When I have confronted people in the past about this very subject, aside from 1 or 2 people, they have understood immediately, and not taking it any further.

11. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:35 AM
    This also kind of makes buying patron useless. One of the major reasons people buy patron is to support the server but also to have the reserved slot on servers. Logging out for others to join basically give players a question of "Why buy patron when i can just have the ones who do log out?"

Fireforce likes this.
  12. deepcage

Local Time:
    And instead they start private messaging anyone with patron tier 2 or colored plusses behind their names asking them privately to logout. Yea that seems to work well...
    [doublepost=1563884284][/doublepost]
    i bought patron to support the network (not the specific server). i mean i dont need patron at all since ive already got legacy tier 5 donator. reserved slot and anti-afk kick are already included in that.

13. TrashGothAoife

Local Time:
    Actually no, the majority do not start PMing people asking, trust me on this.

GreyWolf11 likes this.
  14. deepcage

Local Time:
    No offense, but where's your proof? I rather trust the experience ive had so far. theres plenty of people still asking for this and also plenty who try it over Pm. Maybe you should come play on Po3 or GS for a change instead of make up things.

15. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I think this whole post is about the clarification of the rules.
    But you have to understand that we can't have a rule for every posibility.
    In this case the rules are intended to be not detailed so staff can decide case by case.
    If you read the rules and use common sense you can assume what is good and what is bad.
    Also i dont see any reason to punish a one/two time offender about the asking patron rule, but if it is getting out of hand actions will be taken.

Does this clarify why the rule is like it is? if not let me know

Fireforce and Willshaper like this.
  16. TrashGothAoife

Local Time:
    I am not saying I dealt with every person who has ever asked people to log off, I am just talking about the ones I have. If people are still asking and PMing people asking them, let us know about it and we will handle the situation, but we need to be made aware of it to do so.

17. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    why make so much out of so little? use /ignore and be done with it

Willshaper likes this.
  18. deepcage

Local Time:
    we are going offtopic. The reason i made this post is so that people cant deny anymore that they didnt know about it. heck i didnt officially know about it till last monday and ive been been here a lot longer than most.

So if veteran players are unaware, what do you think new(er) players will know about this?

Do you want to go tell them all, 1 by 1?
    Or would you rather just clarify the rules?

19. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    11:35 PM
    You are asking to clarify to not bypass a server restriction? Slot limit is a server restriction.

20. deepcage

Local Time:
    did you even bother reading the topic and replies? your answer does not reflect that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.