1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Java

Discussion in 'Other' started by Ganyjko, Oct 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganyjko

Ganyjko Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:22 AM
    Hey, So I wanted to start Omnifactory via mym launcher and it asked me to download 64-bit java. It gave me link to oracle where I had to register and give all personal information including how many times a day do I have to pee. Then I installed java and the mym launcher still says that I dont have the 64-bit version so I tried all the links (Offline, online etc.) leading to java 64 bit instalation but none of that worked and the launcher keeps saying that I have 32bit.

2. andreblue

andreblue Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:22 PM
    It sounds like you downloaded the JDK(aka the dev tools) and not just the JVM(the basic to run java programs). I made that mistake myself because oracle changed quite a few things recently. What you need to do is go to this page: Java Downloads for All Operating Systems and you want to click the link for the offline 64 bit installer.
    [​IMG]

3. Ganyjko

Ganyjko Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    OK I used the link you gave me and it helped. Thanks for that. But it would be cool from devs if they changed the button from the launcher to lead to this site instead or more people will face same problem.

4. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The reason for the Oracle page is likely that a lot of people will have to download Java 8u51 instead of the latest Java 8 version. This is due the issue with older WinXP/Win7/Win8 PCs that were updated to Win10, but with their old CPUs. If the old cpu is an Intel cpu, and the person doesn't have a dedicated graphics card (meaning they use the intel cpu/gpu combination) they WILL crash with a "Pixel Format Not Accelerated" crash. The only thing that helps with that is either buying a new pc or playing minecraft with Java8u51. That's the whole reason that the mojang launcher comes packaged with Java8u51 and uses that by default.

5. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    6:22 PM
    Looks like everyone else helped you with this. Marking as done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.