1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SevTech Mob Spawning

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by MaraJade2, Jan 27, 2020.

1. MaraJade2

MaraJade2 Moderator

Local Time:
    3:45 AM
    Due to the way SevTech gates mobs, the spawn rate on the server is abysmally low, making it difficult to get certain resources like shadow gems. Would it be possible to adjust the mob limits on the SevTech server so that mob spawning is what it is supposed to be?

tiranisprime and dragon87tamer like this.
  2. tiranisprime

tiranisprime Member

Local Time:
    6:45 AM
    Seconded, the hard gate on darklands spawns in tier zero effectively locks most newcomers out of playing the pack. (Unless a player who lucked into finding a spawner is online and feeling generous, thanks yall :).)

If spawners are the intended route through those achievements on this server, the FAQ should detail where that diverges from the pack's recommended route for getting the gems. (On that note, it should also mention how the nature's compass doesn't work in the overworld, and currently appears to be broken in the farmworld as well)

3. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:45 AM
    Well IMO, spawners arent the route, But they really do help if u can find them. The spawn rates i agree are low and all the passive mobs, i feel are not helping. Flying around the farmworld i will find groups of animals huddled in about 5-6 block area and theres like 10 sheep/pig in that little are. I dont feel like killing them as i dont need anything from them and it will just clog my inventory till i trash it. Which is rather tedius XD

4. tiranisprime

tiranisprime Member

Local Time:
    Based on: Changes to EntityControl | MineYourMind Community, there should be a cap of 30 passives per 3x3 chunk area, and effectively a minimum of 10 monsters, though that's with defaults, they may have it set differently for SevTech.

I've spent a combined 5-6 hours in darklands in the farmworld on surface and in caves, and seen one shadow creature (necessary for getting out of tier zero). I've sat in chunks and cleared out passives, the lowest entity count I've seen on F3 is 0/2. I've tried getting on within 30 minutes of the thrice-daily power cycles. IFF the custom entity control is working as intended for local 3x3 regions, then what else is preventing these critical spawns? Are enough chunks staying stuck loaded that we are blowing through the serverwide entity cap? Shoggoths have no issue respawning nearly immediately after you kill one, and animal breeding hasn't been an issue, so that seems unlikely.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  5. CN_Armor

CN_Armor Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    6:45 PM
    For now, I'll alway suggest using creeping moss to change biome in hunting dimension in this case, because passive animals don't spawn there. You need to craft creeping moss, go to a darklands biome and right click with the moss to set its biome, then go to hunting dimension and right click with the moss to change the biome of the chunk you are in. Bassically changing 4x4 chunks is enough for the enemies to reliably spawn, and of course better if you make it larger area.

I actually got all my dreadium this way, instead of in the dreadland dimension. Mob spawn in that dimension is crap, as passive abyssalite golems will almost immediately spawn in large quantities to take up all mob slots in a 3x3 chunks area.

tiranisprime likes this.
  6. tiranisprime

tiranisprime Member

Local Time:
    That's a genuinely very helpful suggestion. I hadn't heard of that item before, thanks! Basically as long as you can get out of age zero, then you can set this up for your recurring shadow gem needs