1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.7.10 Botania Desync Workaround

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by IanIsTheBoss, Jun 18, 2015.

1. IanIsTheBoss

IanIsTheBoss Technician

Local Time:
    2:50 AM
    On a few of the 1.7 FTB servers, the Botania generating flowers desync from the spreader when a player logs out, unloads the chunk, or walks away. I've done some research and found a few workarounds.

- Make a chunkloader (ChickenChunks): This is the most reliable option I have found. Place one near your flowers, and make sure all of the flowers you want loaded are in the range (do this by showing lasers in the GUI.) You will still have to sync them on login, since the chunkloader stops loading when you logout.

- Golems: Golems are finikey, but if you can get them to work, they will keep one chunk per loaded at a time. This might also give you a reason to get into Thaumcraft.

- Turtles: This is the most advanced solution, since it requires a decent understanding of LUA, but if you can program the turtle to break and replace the flowers they will rebind to the nearest spreader.

2. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:50 AM
    Wait... Golems load chucks?
    Do you have any documentation i can read about this feature?

chugga_fan likes this.
  3. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:50 AM
    No, they do not per code.

Lawmonark likes this.
  4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    2:50 AM
    the reason he asked was....

5. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:50 AM
    That is not a question but a statement. It is also wrong.