1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A note on kindness

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Snowfoxs, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Snowfoxs

Snowfoxs Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:43 PM
    Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've posted, and I suspect it will be a long time before I post again.

For those new here, I joined MyM shortly after I graduated high school, and never really left. At some point or another, I joined the staff team as a junior moderator and eventually worked my way up to becoming a manager.

While my previous ranks and history are irrelevant- I just wanted to take a moment to thank every single one of you, all of the staff members current and former that I have had the pleasure of working with over 5 years, and the community as a whole. You, the MyM community, are part of why I am still alive today to write this post. Thank you.

This community couldn't have helped me without the kindness of many individuals, for whom there are too many to list, (and for fear that I would forget someone, kinda dodgy memory). And for those of you who listened to me while having one of many mental breakdowns, you have my greatest thanks, and I owe you a debt of gratitude.

2020 has been a long ride and has been a very divisive year for people. Perhaps it's COVID-19, the U.S. Election, or something more close-to-home for you. Regardless, it's been a rough year for most of us.

Today I ask everyone here, to just take a moment out of your day to be kind to someone. Anyone, regardless of their skin color, their religion or lack thereof, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, political preferences, or the like. It doesn't have to cost money and could be as simple as a compliment, or a phone call to someone you haven't talked to in a while. While we are powerless to stop 2020 from unleashing its nastiness upon the world, it is respectively powerless in preventing us from loving one another and lifting each other up.

Stay safe and healthy out there everyone.

That old geezer Snow

p5k, ItzxOdd, Slind and 7 others like this.