1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add a warning

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by LordFungi, Dec 1, 2016.

1. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    12:15 AM
    So unexpected things could happen to new players, old players who forget, or people in different time zones that won't know when it will happen. MyM's monthly dimension reset took a few people off guard on the crackpack server, including me. I had absolutely no idea that this restart was the one that would reset the worlds. Could a warning be coupled with the restart warnings so that people can know that THAT is going to happen?

2. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    3:15 AM
    There should be a warning when you place a block in a dimension that resets does that not work on crackpack?

3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    As far as I know you are warned when you build in the farm world that could happen

Aerydar and LunaBlossoms like this.
  4. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Quoted right from here. Also believe that afr is mentioned in global server announcements.
    -V

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  5. McCsqizzy

McCsqizzy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I also believe /rules 2 gives the info on the resets so people are informed unless they decide to accept the rules the same way many accept eula's

6. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:15 AM
    I believe what options is asking for is a notice directly before the restart that has the reset for a chat notification.

@LordFungi With the setup used currently to reset the dimmensions that is not possible. With 1.10 and some new plugons that might be something that is doable, but not for 1.7

7. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Well all we can do is wait for 1.10 then, alrighty.

8. SWAisSC

SWAisSC Member

Local Time:
    would it not be possible to have the chat box populate a msg when someone teleports to the farm worlds to just do something like the shop keepers say "you wanna buy some stuff?" but instead just a msg saying that farmworlds are reset on the 29th of the month or w/e and today is X date.

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    9:15 AM
    It's doing that on block place in the world.

10. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Could set a global flag with world guard entry msg prehaps

11. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:15 AM
    If people ignore the message that appears in chat when they build anything in one of those worlds there going to ignore an entry message too

12. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    True But OP asked for a way

13. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I was fully aware the worlds would have reset the day it did, but i was unable to tell which restart would have been the one to do it. As a result, i ignored a seemingly simple restart and lost a few things as a result.

14. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Best rule of thumb is just to remove it a full day before and not worry doing it last minute as any number of things could go wrong resulting you not being able to remove it before the restart that does reset the world.

15. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Lessons learned.

Aerydar and LunaBlossoms like this.
  16. LordFungi

LordFungi Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Its not like I wasn't already prepared. I had moved a lot of stuff out of the worlds already, i was just using digital miners to quickly mine some ores. No serious setup, but it did catch me off guard to lose those.

And its hard to say when the worlds will reset even on the day you know they will. Restarts happen every few hours, and any one of them could be the one to do it. If you're worried about a world reset for an entire day thats time wasted. It'd be a courtesy to add a warning to the restart messages.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016