1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Add Applied Energistics 2 to Civilization (please read before commenting!)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by mrminesheeps, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    6:59 AM
    Ok, so before somebody screams at me about how AE2 can cause lag and such, just read this post. i will completely disregard any screams about AE2 lag. just listen to what i want to say.

I had an idea. disable auto crafting. the auto crafting system has a performance issue when used in bulk. so i figure, disable the molecular assemblers' crafting recipe. disabling it altogether will no doubt just break AE2, just disable the recipe. and as for storage buses, make them more difficult to craft. they are known to cause lag as well but only when used overkill, like on a row of 100+ DSU's, which we don't have on here anyway. i'll list the crafting recipe ideas on the bottom of this post. as far as sky stone goes, make it require that you branch into minechem in order to synthesize the stone, since most AE2 setups only require a single controller anyway. disable the recipe to make the singularity, and the block you use to make them. most people don't need an AE2 system spread across the map. as far as the terminals go, leave them be. no need to mess with any other AE2 stuff, because everything else is just storage.

Recipes will be layered much like a crafting table in the examples

Skystone recipe:
    (Ununtrium)(Copernicium)(Ununtrium)
    (Ununtrium) (Stone) (Ununtrium)
    (Ununtrium)(Copernicium)(Ununtrium)

Storage Bus Recipe: note:i forgot the normal recipe, but i'd make it require rubidium instead of, say, iron.

post some other recipe ideas? i personally think this modpack needs a better form of storage. removing access to the real lag inducing options in AE2 make it a perfect candidate, of course with recipe changes to make it so you can't log into the server and a day later have a well set AE2 system. make em work for it.

2. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:59 PM
    AE2 never USED to fit in the pack because of the style, although i dont know where @johnfg12 is taking Civ now

3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    AE2 can easily be made to require science, which is absolutely a sub-theme in the pack. i see no reason why AE2, with the proper changes, can't be on here.

4. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Civ was meant to be more mediveal if i remember right, not in the future but i suppose, although may i ask with the recent downgrade in players, is it worth it

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    adding AE2 will likely make more players join, because if they can obtain a good storage system, then they stay longer. i know a little about people, mr muffin :p

6. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    doubtful, 1 mod doesnt make everyone rush to it, Civ is slowly coming to the end of its life cycle so

chugga_fan likes this.
  7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    well it will die if you don't start spicing it up some more .-.

8. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    In personal opinion it's a mess and a pretty big one
    The next point is that MYM originals don't last as long as big packs from FTB or ATLauncher
    I think if Civ really wants to have a good chance it needs to become a factions/raid sort of thing because ATM is borderline like every other pack with a bit of pvp

9. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    9:59 AM
    It's not getting added to the pack, because of Krhymez's wishes with the pack, he refused to allow AE2 in, john wants to keep it like that to keep the pack looking somewhat like it did before

johnfg10 and SirStudMuffin like this.
  10. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    U have ez storage is that good enough?

11. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Apparently not, AE2 isnt needed, its just easy and unchallenging.

12. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I want u to know I haven't and wont read this its not being added end off not being funny but why can no one live with out ae ? was there a time before ae.

13. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    woah, sounds like you're having a bad day. dude, it was a suggestion, when i heard EZ storage was here i figured i'd look into it. no need to be so uptight.

14. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    There was, it just happened to have a lot of overflowing pipes.

15. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    this i know. i tried playing tekkit classic, don't believe AE was a thing until 1.4 (not alpha) anyhow i heard something about overflowing pipes

16. Brian_Barnson

Brian_Barnson New Member

Local Time:
    7:59 AM
    It would be like polishing a turd. conceptually the civilization modpack is great, but in practice it's a huge turd.

17. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    9:59 AM
    Not really, it's really fun, and it would be with more players, it's just not fun because everyone has everything now, i'm thinking it's a modpack that needs to be reset every two months to STAY fun

18. Brian_Barnson

Brian_Barnson New Member

Local Time:
    I have given it the 'ol college try' for three days out-of-game (maybe 12 hours total), and Have to say...

Fun it is NOT. whatever 'fun' minecraft has is thoroughly stripped away by trying to play this pack.

It's not the challenge rating (hypovolemia and galactic science can be quite deadly) but it could possibly be the... 'slog'. three days of constant effort before you start to even feel the slightest sense of accomplishment tends to have that effect. after three days I still cannot even make a CHISEL.

But fun? no. Not unless you are a ganker or griefer. It is no surprise to me that the moment the shiny wore off the server is dead.

SirStudMuffin likes this.
  19. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    yup bad day plus about a million ppl have asked for it :p any way nope for 2 reasons one its boring 2 I'm going by how krhy wanted it :)[DOUBLEPOST=1461138563][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ye sorry had a crappy day :(

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  20. rootbeeralaska

rootbeeralaska Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The thing about is that it is probably the most overused mod out of ALL the other mods out there why can't ANYONE appreciate project red transportation or logistics pipes ( I know they look intimidating but in the end it's very simple and SUPER EASY to do) they're AMAZING mods but AE has put them in a corner and basically said you're useless and nobody wants to learn you. I came from a time when chests were storage and WE had to use logistics pipes or PR Transporation even if there was AE because nobody knew what AE was. Can't we just go back to the old days for once...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    johnfg10 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.