1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age of Engineering: Solving power issues early to mid game

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by auris331, Aug 3, 2017.

1. auris331

auris331 Member

Local Time:
    6:25 AM
    Hello young, ambitious engineers!

If you're reading this manual, it means that you're struggling with creating power.. Well worry not, because Diesel generators from immersive engineering are here to help!

[​IMG]
    Picture 1: The beautiful diesel generator

Just take a look at these bad boys (Refer to picture 1)! These majestic machines are ready to help you solve your power issues by producing a whopping 4096 RF/t of "green" power... Well.. As long as you can satisfy their desire for biodiesel.

[​IMG]
    Picture 2: THE refinery

It is made in THE Refinery(Picture 2) which needs some Ethanol and Plant oil to make the so-desired biodiesel. THE refinery is so good that it can power not one, but TWO diesel generators at once, if it's running at full capacity.

You are given the possibility to make Ethanol and Plant oil for THE refinery in fermenter and industrial squeezer respectively.

Several different crops can be fermented into ethanol, these include:
    • Apples;
    • Sugar canes;
    • Melons.
    Same goes for plant oil. It can be squeezed to "death" from a few different seeds:
    • Wheat seeds;
    • Pumpkin seeds;
    • Melon seeds.
    Industrial hemp seeds can also be used to make more plant oil, but this manual doesn't account for that.

Now, let's get to everyone's favourite part - some MATH:

• THE refinery makes 320 mB of biodiesel per second when it's given 160 mB of both Ethanol and Plant oil + 200 RF. One fermenter and one industrial squeezer produce enough fluids to run one refinery.
    • One diesel generator uses 160 mB of biodiesel per second to produce 4096 RF each tick or 81 920 RF each second.
    Resource cost:
    To make all the things required for 2 diesel generators, one refinery, one fermenter and one industrial squeezer you'll need this many blocks:
    • 28 Heavy engineering blocks;
    • 18 Radiator blocks;
    • 32 Steel scaffoldings;
    • 19 Fluid pipes;
    • 8 Generator blocks;
    • 5 Redstone engineering blocks;
    • 20 Iron sheetmetal;
    • 6 Light engineering blocks;
    • 4 Wooden barrels;
    • 3 Steel fences;
    • 1 Piston;
    • 4 Cauldrons.
    Raw resource cost:
    Raw resources required for the blocks above so you can easily see whether you have enough to build all the things.
    • 287 Steel ingots;
    • 32 Gold ingots;
    • 28 Soul sand;
    • 126 Copper ingots;
    • 159 Iron ingots;
    • 77 Redstone;
    • 228 Cobblestone;
    • 171 Wood planks;
    • 4 Silver ingots;
    • 8 Sticks;
    • 4 Enori crystals;
    • 32 Treated wood planks;
    • 1 Bucket(Not consumed).
    Notice: Some recipes require iron rods and different kinds of plates, these numbers were calculated assuming that you use the metal press for both rods and plates.
    Notice: This post doesn't account for the farming required to produce crops used by fermenter and squeezer.

2. CatArcher

CatArcher Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:25 PM
    any way to convert eu to rf?

3. auris331

auris331 Member

Local Time:
    Sadly, not any way that I know of. I'm still looking into good enough EU power generation.

4. CatArcher

Local Time:
    good eu gen is just generators filled with mini coal

5. auris331

auris331 Member

Local Time:
    Personally I use a wind turbine with a simple wooden rotor inside and a CESU to store power for when needed. I'm using Ender IO machines where I can though.

6. ThePhoenix116

ThePhoenix116 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:25 AM
    You can try the electrical engine

auris331 likes this.
  7. auris331

auris331 Member

Local Time:
    Oh! Whenever someone writes "Convert eu to rf" my brain for whatever reason reads it as "Convert rf to eu".. :D Thank you for correcting me on that one.

ThePhoenix116 likes this.
  8. CatArcher

Local Time:
  9. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:25 AM
    If u have the tech level u could go for a mk 2 ic2 reactor il make a thread later whit My reactor designs so you can pick and chose from them a mk 2 is stabel but needs some cooling not much a min or so between the switch of fuel

auris331 likes this.
  10. ItsTyrone

ItsTyrone Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    To add to this, the enderio power monitor can be configured to output a Redstone signal when your capacitor bank drops below a certain level. If your power needs are less than what the diesel generator is putting out, you're wasting biodiesel. Using Redstone (I like to use eio Redstone conduits for easy expansion) and a capacitor between the diesel generators and your machines, you can set up a system that will turn on the generators when below a certain point and turn them back off when it's full or close to full. With a tank on your fluid line, you can bank up biodiesel when it's not in use (mekanism dynamic tank is fantastic for this, I currently have a 5x4 tank that holds a ton of it). This also means you can support a lot more than just two diesel generators with one refinery, since you are not going to be using the diesel generators except for when your power is low. I currently have 4 and am planning on adding more as time goes on. I can post screens when I get home from work for my setup if needed.