1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agricraft - Weeds

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by caithleen, Sep 11, 2015.

?

Do you like the weed mechanic from agricraft? (Regrowth and other packs)

Poll closed Sep 14, 2015.
  1. I like it!

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No its just annoying

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. Potato

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    9:52 AM
    See the poll :)

2. Nezraddin

Nezraddin New Member

Local Time:
    I must say, that I don't really like it.

Of course it's kinda a nice mechanic, brings something into all the stuff you do.
    But seen on how long you often have to wait for crops to breed/cross breed and with weeds activated... you hardly can do anything but watch your field or you come back and suddenly all your breeding-work is gone because the weeds took over the whole field.
    Especially when it comes to special plants (like magical crops) where you need to spend alot of ressources into crafting the seeds alone, this can be quiet devastating and frustrating.

Worst of course is when you use some powerful growth-acceleration-mechanics, like the agricarnation of botania or the lamp of growth from thaumcraft, you can loose your field and all the plants in like 5~10 minutes (or even less) you don't watch the field.

So yeah, I think during the crossbreeding/raising-the-stats time the weeds are very very annoying, since they force you to not do anything else but stay at your fields.
    Once you have full fields or raised plants of course they don't matter anymore, since - from what I understand - they only grow in empty crops. But the time before... very annoying x.x

(and I lost a few fields to them already, just cause I was thinking of "fast doing something else" which took just a few minutes longer than it should and suddenly I was back 5 steps and started my plant-raising new)

3. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    until now it looks the potato will win! :D

4. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    4:52 AM
    I like it, but I voted for potato cause you misformatted the poll

5. CheshireLill

CheshireLill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:52 AM
    I understand the point behind weeds and I like/hate it all at the same time. I like that it helps keep players attentive to their crops or lose them all (connected to spread) I hate that they interrupt what you are doing if you are crossbreeding.....So I vote potato.

6. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    I think the idea is amazing, it's there to add realism to agricraft and also makes agricraft not OP

CheshireLill likes this.
  7. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Looks like the potato won.

Oh and also hypovolemia will have weeds disabled - for now ;)

8. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Untill u can find a better/worse mechanic to make it harder?

9. SkylineLights

SkylineLights Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I like the mechanic, but I wouldn't mind seeing it be disabled on certain servers. It surely does bring an aspect of realism to your everyday farming, but in a lot of modpacks you're often away from home, adventuring to find that rare loot you've been dreaming of, so you're not able to tend to your farms at all times, which can make weeds a problem (Especially if the chunks are loaded).

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    not in this modpack, 2/3 the time you're at your house pumping blood or stabbing yourself with a knife lol

11. Tabsz

Tabsz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Personally, I don't like the weeds mechanic on AG servers. its annoying. I understand its to make the game harder, but it the beginning its quite hard. Besides once you get to the point of making crops (at least for me) it just becoming another annoying mechanic to deal with.

12. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    most of this pack is waiting around, just like GS, for iron or other oreberry bushes to grow, and getting 10x10x10 seeds using a growth sigil is quite easy to be honest

13. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It can be a pain, but I think it should stay. It took a while, but I updated all of my crops to 10s despite the weeds. Otherwise, it can be too easy. It keeps it interesting.