1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Allow landmarkers in Farmland on Tekkit Legends

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by JohnBonDovy, May 26, 2020.

1. JohnBonDovy

JohnBonDovy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:08 PM
    Hello,

I would like to ask if it was possible to allow landmarkers in Farmland / Farmworld on Tekkit Legends.

I recently had some staff member placing a sign in my base, that I should no longer place more than 2-3 quarries in farmworld at the same time. While I understand that having more (aka a lot of) quarries running at the same time most likely puts some bandwith- and cpu-load on the server, I would like to adress that having a quarry running at the size of 9x9 is very small.

Currently it is not possible (may it be intended or not) to place bigger quarries because of landmarkers not being allowed to use in farmworld.

so thats where Im coming from.. farmworld is there to be farmed, so I guess it would not put a lot of harm if you allowed landmarkers?

thanks in advance
    best regards

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:08 AM
    There were likely banned from use because they allow for 63x63 quarries, that would be about the same as running seven quarries.. Also since Tekkit Legends is so focused around EMC is there a reason to do massive resource gathering?

3. JohnBonDovy

JohnBonDovy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:08 PM
    hi thanks for your reply
    firstly ok if u say a 63x63 quarry puts same load on server as many quarries then there for sure is no gain in changing that
    2nd there are still a few blocks u cant get via emc, thats of course the only blocks it makes sence on farming via quarries

4. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:08 AM
    Quarries are not very friendly for server environments. The default size you get is about all a public environment can handle without constant crashes. We disabled it in the Farmworld so these issues with big quarries do not happen. It isn't strait out banned because you can use them for other machines in BC.

JohnBonDovy likes this.