1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Allow players to handle progress resets on Skyblocks and QB packs

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by mrminesheeps, May 26, 2022.

?

Would you agree with this idea?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2022.
  1. Yes

81.3%
  2. No

6.3%
  3. Spud

31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    8:44 AM
    As I stated in the title, I think we should allow players to do their own QB resets if possible (IE wiping just their own QB data) and well as choosing when to clear their inventory. Currently, the plugin will wipe the relevant data for you (Which it shouldn't, I've mentioned this in a ticket I have open rn) when you join someone's island, or create your own. People have claimed /kit kits before creating an island, only to lose those items upon island creation. I lost an entire inventory worth of valuables because I accepted build permissions on someone's island, etc.
    So my solution is to add a command (Or allow us to use an existing command) if possible, that allows us to reset our own QB and player data on command (With a two command confirmation similar to /rules) on attempting to reset. This would alleviate the need to ask staff to perform the task, and give players more control over their own experience.
    Edit: To cover for a few situations; If a player were to try resetting their QB, it would provide a prompt stating that "Staff will not fix your QB data if lost to this command, persuant to the No Refunds policy. You may only do this once every two months." or something along those lines. Same thing for inventory wipes. (This prevents abuse, where a player may complete a QB for certain rewards and then immediately reset it, for example).

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    SovereignEternal likes this.
  2. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
  3. Zirgof

Zirgof Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:44 PM
    I agree. Especially the fact that if you get perms to someones island, your inventory is cleared without any warning.

4. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:44 PM
    Aerydar and mrminesheeps like this.
  5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Just gonna bump this so it doesn't get lost ^

6. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:44 AM
    This was a bug with some of our newer servers as they changed a bunch of things in the island plugin. All progress and inventory wipes do not happen anymore.

There have been some BetterQuesting bugs with saved data which could also corrupt and reset because of "garbled" data. I have fixed most of these issues in theory.

Anyways, these should be fixed now and players should choose if they want things reset. If this happens to you on any server, let us know.

LordEreh and mrminesheeps like this.