1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Automating Lava Production w/ Cauldrons?

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 4' started by Zippity_Doodah, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:03 PM
    I've watched many videos with various options for automating Lava Production using Cauldrons. I've tried using both Automated User as well as Auto Clicker to try and place Cobblestone into Cauldrons, but in both cases neither item would actually place cobble into the Cauldrons. I can place them manually into the cauldrons, and I've tried several versions of the Cauldrons from Cobblestone Cauldrons to standard iron Cauldrons, but neither one would work. I even applied power from a Basic Geothermal Generator to both items, manually bucketing lava into the generator, but still no cobble goes into the cauldrons. I've made very sure they are properly facing the cauldrons and ensured they are being supplied cobblestone correctly.

Either this is a bug, or that system has been turned off?

I know that there are later machines for producing Lava out of thin air using RF Power, but I'm not at that stage of machinery yet, so is that the only option available?

Thanks,

Zip

2. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:03 AM
    Many of the Cyclic machines are not working on SF4. I must admit I am not sure if it is due to the island being protected or some other server specific mechanism. Another ticket in this thread from (edit: ) october adresses a few other machines and then there was another ticket on it back in february about stoneblock2. (google site:mineyourmind.li fakeuser) Back in the day we would be able to trust the fakeuser (usually named something like [Cyclic]) and again I am not entirely sure as to ifs and whens. But…

What we have been able to is to use a regular dropper but here there is a big but and I can not lie. Using a regular dropper can get completely out of controll and end up in a complete loss of framerate. I had to tidy up some bases that had cobblestone spills resulting in a framerate of 10 frames per minute. Needless to say that is bad. Which is why I advice you to never make an automatic dropper without some sort of comparator controller so that the redstone only ticks when it has a redstone signal comming in from below. The most compact vanilla version can be done with one comparator, one repeater two cobblestone and one redstone torch.

[​IMG]

Comparator comming from cauldron into any stone. Repeater pointing from redstone torch (inverter) into any solid block below the redstone clock. The clock is set to 10 ticks duration, 30 ticks delay, activate only on redstone. For extra safety you can set the clock to only output into the dropper, but usually the clock is smart enough to not be powered from its own output. Test this setup before you add any cobblestone generator. It should right now be clicking along nicely but when you add cobble to the dropper it will now drop one cobble into the cauldron. The cobble will turn into one bottle of lava and the comparator will light up, the torch will go dark and the clock will stop ticking.

Then you can add pipes taking lava from the cauldron and cobblegen filling the dropper. The cauldron will now act as an overflow for any lava tank and shut off production when the system is backed up.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Zippity_Doodah likes this.