1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B-Team: Proposal for Moon Spawn

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Feedmeacat, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Feedmeacat

Feedmeacat New Member

Local Time:
    2:32 PM
    Hi guys,

I'd like to build a Moon Spawn area in the B-Team server and then build a portal to it on the Overworld next to the spawn area. It would just be a basic starting area for people to go to the moon and take a quick look around and it would jump start people who want to mine meteoric iron without the huge investment of building all the rocket infrastructure. I figured I'd ask if that would be okay or if the mods/admins of B-Team would object to a public access point for the Moon (maybe you guys want to keep it as something that people can do on their own and not just walk into a portal and immediately be there).

It would have oxygen in the immediate area of the portal, of course, but no oxygen gear would be provided to people who want to go for a walk.

I would claim this spawn area so that people can't build right at the portal.

It would just be a basic army base/space station style building.

2. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    9:32 AM
    i think this defeats the purpose of galacticraft, your supposed to make rockets and whatnot, also you get to yell at houston if things go wrong :p

3. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:32 PM
    Not sure, You can create the spawn if you wish, But it might not be used. If @Administrator was to approve Moon could be added to the MyM portal for th cost of a rocket or something. Then you can get there with the progression. But your wanting to skip progression here which breaks the pack.

4. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    first, you should charge the rocket AND the pads, plus some fuel, a loader and a few other things, secondly, maybye charge a bit of fuel every time you go there, like a bucket per? so the server itself saves on tps and you still have balanced moon transport :D

5. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:32 PM
    B-team once did have the actual spawn ON the moon, but there were too much issues with players suffocating, even with creative energy cells etc, and the spawn got clogged with graves, so in the end, it had to be moved.

And as Chetwynd said, to easily get to/from the moon in such a way as you mention, would break the galacticraft progression for b-team

6. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    my point exactly, plus with everyone spawning in the same place, you dont get as much stuff

7. Feedmeacat

Feedmeacat New Member

Local Time:
    Okay! I like doing public works projects like this which is why I had the idea. Thanks for answering so quickly everyone!

8. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    good for you, well and good your contributing, but sometimes there are just lines of function one cant cross, or rather re-cross

9. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:32 PM
    By all means, Feel free to create some nice build on the moon We have a gallery that would love to see some new builds.

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    11:32 PM
    I think you can't protect anything on the moon as the world get loaded too late. You should test this first before you start a project there. (Create a claim, wait for the next restart and check if the claim is still there)

11. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    it was fine on mineyourgalaxy.... i miss that pack

Bennyboy1695 likes this.
  12. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yea that's an issue that occurred on horizons as well... I'm pretty sure someone already robbed my base on the moon :p

13. super_why

super_why Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    tbh, making a moon spawn defeats the purpose of galacticraft... just do the mod yourself and feel proud of it, of accomplishing something YOU did YOURSELF...

14. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    also with portals you CANT YELL AT HOUSTON, god you guys are forgetting the important stuff...

DaBoss2231 and super_why like this.