1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Backups and Base Restorations

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirWill, Aug 24, 2020.

1. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    11:36 PM
    Around 4 months ago we did some change to the backup system which allows us to store more backups and for a longer period.

Before we could only store 8 hourly and 3 daily local backups of each server and around 70 remote backups before reaching the storage limit.
    Now all hourly backups are being stored remotely and truncated to daily, weekly and monthly backups. This allows us to keep backups for up to 3 months with an easy way to access them.

We also did few changes to the AbandonedRestoration plugin. Since the feature of no inactivity reset for patrons which was announced here, the plugin creates a dedicated backup of every inactive base before deleting it. This was implemented before the backup changes mentioned above to make sure there is always a backup available in case a bug deletes the base and to provide an easier way to restore the base.

With these changes in place we have decided to allow the requesting of a base, which was deleted due inactivity, restoration because we often see new players who are not aware of the system lose their base.
    Each player will be limited to one free restoration of a base anywhere on the network and any additional restoration needs to be paid for because of the following reasons:
    • This task can only be done by admins and is very time-consuming
    • The server needs to be stopped which affects other players
    • It should only be used if you forget about it and not as a replacement or alternative to the patron perks

Outside the base resets from inactivity, we are no longer as restricted in what bases we are able to restore because of bugs and glitches from mods. We will be making every effort to provide better player support in this matter.

2. Moettke

Moettke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:36 AM
    I didn't understand anything, but it's very interesting

3. Wyvern__

Wyvern__ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Well, this is very interesting. Sometimes I forget some of my superstructures and they tend to poof away during exam phases or so. I think I could've saved my mountain or floating city that way, on bteam ^^ Wouldn't matter now anyway thanks to recent discussions~ Great to know for the future though, this will save a lot of nerves~

4. ViesSPR

ViesSPR Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:36 AM
    Great. So this means i've got a one in a lifetime chance now to be inactive for half a year, and then request the admin to put it back!!! Thank you!
    Edit: Take this one as a joke

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  5. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:36 PM
    Awesome stuff SirWill! This will greatly improve player statisfaction across the network!

6. TheeForgotten

TheeForgotten Senior Moderator Build Team Booster

Local Time:
    5:36 PM
    this new gift should be used with being wise dont miss abuse it as you never know when you might need it so dont use it anymore then you really have to

7. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    10:36 PM
    yes
    gotta love what the staff team's doing for the server

8. TheeForgotten

Local Time:
    i bet alot of people miss use it before the end of the year

jordanbr13, InsaniumIV and Shizucc like this.
  9. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Remember to read the entire post :)

"Abusing" it will basically be abusing your own wallet.

10. TheeForgotten

Local Time:
    yes but i am saying that alot will get it done before the end of the year claiming to they didnt know or couldnt make it on

11. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Joke aside, everyone please take note of this sentence.

12. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    This is for regular backups. The AbandonedRestoration backups only expire when the server resets/shutsdown.

13. Shizucc

Shizucc CEO of "Shizo+ Inc." Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    To be clear: Does this mean player bases can be recovered regardless of how long ago the backup was made?

14. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    If it was reset due inactivity, yes.

15. jordanbr13

jordanbr13 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Question, What if a player goes inactive and a issues happens that would be so rare where someone builds in that area. Lets say I build in the corner of that map and go inactive and poof its gone, a week later someone comes in sets up a huge base in the same area and I come back another week later... How would it be reset? Or would I be out of luck?

16. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    3:36 PM
    We will try our best to "paste" it into a different part of the map to the best of our abilities.

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  17. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Me either, i think we need to read something else...

THIS ONE!
    [​IMG]