1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BlastOff server request

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by JavaBond, Jan 3, 2015.

1. JavaBond

JavaBond Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    Has a new mod pack in FTB like Agrarian skies and Crash Landing, I would ask for a server :)

Pack Info:

-z*SENDING HISTORY*z-- In the year 2120 the earth has been practically drained of all its resources, global warming was at its peak. Technology was power hungry, and hence the BioTNuclear plant was started deep underground. However, soon after a massive earthquake struck the facility and caused the highly unstable fuel rods to meltdown. The meltdown was barely contained, but a single fuel rod was blasted and lodged into the world's largest Nuke and TBioCells facility unnoticed. It was a ticking time-bomb for humanity, fortunately the NASA Space program was completed and most of humanity migrated across the solar system. You were almost on the ship out of earth when the fuel rod exploded and triggered the lock-down, and as per safety procedure after a world wide nuclear catastrophe, you was placed in suspense animation until sensors indicate that the radiation level was safe enough to tolerate. However, it seems that most of the greenery and ores has been corroded to hardened clay, the weather is much more violent with snowstorm and tornadoes. Luckily i have a guide on NASA ships on me, it is time for you to wake and gather materials to join humanity in space!

Link:
    [1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][140++Quests] version 1.1.13 STABLE | Feed the Beast

2. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    Huh, that does look like a neat pack.

3. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:59 AM
    From what i gathered about this pack, it seems more like a Single player pack.
    I will play it later it see

4. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:59 AM
    I watched a few groups play it, it seems like Crash ++, Looks interesting.

5. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Ok so after testing this pack i have a few minor issues.

1. Pack has Ex Nihilo but the Sieves are disabled. And you rely on traveling quite a far distance to acquire resources- If the server does use this pack we might need to enable this... not sure if it will "break" the pack. Not a Big deal if See: #4

2. Falling Meteor mod. the Pack relies on it.

3. Weather mod. Also a big part of the pack( difficulty wise)

4. The world provided it tailored to the pack. So if you were to make a server, you would need to copy that area from the single player world as the players "islands".

5. Because of Sanity level from Enviromine, you "should" sleep at night to help lower it. This would be hard on a server. Sure there are other ways, like be near flowers, but sleeping if almost required in the pack

If you need to disable 2 & 3, then the pack feels gimped.
    This is an amazing pack but it still feels like a single player pack. See video below.

@Founder
    If you could pull this pack off as a multi-player.... it WILL/CAN replace crash landing.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  6. Argonath1337

Argonath1337 New Member

Local Time:
    That does look intresting.. I'll see if I can look into this some more

7. JavaBond

Local Time:
    Why would it be a problem?
    It does not destroy the base

8. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    im aware, i was saying it "couldnt" be disabled.
    Have you played the pack yet?

9. JavaBond

Local Time:
    Yes i'm playing, with a friend in LAN

10. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What about starting the player with a kit of flowers and dirt and a book saying to keep a flower at hand all the time. Even without that, It would simply mean it was extra hard. Or add something which allows the majority of players on to sleep. hmmm..I would keep the meteors and weather. There should be a way to lower the spawn of certain types or weather. Well it looks kool, but may not be inplimentalable on a server.

11. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    @Founder
    @Administrator

I absolutely love this pack. Would be interesting to see if it can replace Crash landing.
    I will continue playing it to see if i come across anymore things that would make it "hard" to make a server for.
    But there even is a quest directed to server players....lol

12. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    Sounds like we would need somebody to develop a world building code for it. Surprised the modpack author hadn't done so themselves!
    If your sanity doesn't lower just from lying down in a bed, then yes, that is a problem... Is that the case? If so, we'll also need a developer to fix that.

13. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    We would need a system without world generation. With one preGenerated region that can be copied it along without the need of server internal copy/pasting or world generation, else it gives massive lag spikes during the creation of new "islands".

14. xXFriXonXx

xXFriXonXx New Member

Local Time:
    4:59 AM
    From my testing with the Weather mod and servers, It seems to cause a lot of console spam and tends to cause a TPS drop.
    Flowers are enough to be able to survive nights with sanity. That isn't going to be an issue. (I've Done it in my singleplayer) Also your sanity technically isn't lowered if you're going by the meter. it is increased with sleeping.

15. Jeppe0701

Jeppe0701 Active Member

Local Time:
    I think this is a prety good idea!, im already waiting for a server somewhere to come up!:D
    Hope its here, this a very good community

16. trolzer11

trolzer11 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i would love if there was a blast off server

17. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    A blastoff server is definitely something we would like to add to the network. Though due to its high needs on customization it's signification is low compared to the issues with the other 1.7 modpacks we currently have and need to take care of.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  18. Jeppe0701

Jeppe0701 Active Member

Local Time:
    Thats some great news!, hope to it see soon!
    If things need to be tested im open to test some things!:D

19. BirdOfSteel

BirdOfSteel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:59 AM
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426949374,1426949198][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry about the reply text that I previously posted. I'm a bit of a nub with this it seems! Haha.

But, I think everyone would enjoy a blastoff server, especially since it has some of the newer mods like the Steam machinery one, or the Galacticraft Planets mod which would make for even more exploration and preparation!

20. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:59 AM
    Couldn't you make a world per player/group of players? Like in crash landing. Players spawn in a world only inhabited by them. Plus with the main starting base, it's most likely required.