1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented can anything be done to fix the block lag?

Discussion in 'Horizons' started by Decnav, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    12:52 AM
    Im getting 30 second plus block lag and 30 second plus from the time i send a /home till i get the don't move for 5 seconds warning. Is there anything on my end I can do? ive run the memory settings in ftb from 2 gig up to 14 gig and no affect.

2. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    5:52 AM
    That's not a memory issue, it is depending on your network connection speed.

3. Decnav

Local Time:
    ok thanks

My ping to horizons.mineyourmind.net after doing it a few time was max 118

tracert gives me 20 hops to the server, maby thats it. oh well ill just live with it

thanks

The server seems to regularly drop below 8tps, may be it too.

Probably a combination of all the factors

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I think it is related to that buffer overlflow issue.

5. Decnav

Local Time:
    I have
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Name ATI Radeon HD 5830 Series

so it shouldnt be a hardware issue. The vidcard pulls 313m/hash doing bitcoin so its still a fast card. Its only recent that this has become an issue for me. ill look into "buffer overflow" that may be it iv sen my ftb client run over 10 gigs, its set for 4gigs

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    nah you don´t need to. buffer overflow is caused by a mod on the server. There is anything sending that much data that the internet can´t handle it.

7. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    It's also not happening on your client, but on the proxy. so it's not related to that. You're currently standing in your base, right? Can you give us a list of machines and other tile entity blocks you used there?

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    check sykpe, I think it is due to reika and thaumcraft, there biome changes fight. However reika said it is due to mcpc, but I duplicated the server and tested it with forge only. -> same result.

9. Decnav

Local Time:
    I do have a fair amount of rotarycraft items running, i have alot of dc engines powering lights, a pump running a sprinkler, a fertilizer machine and misc vacuums. they are all spread out over different chunks.

I am going to post on the ftb forums, it may be a bug on my side. My ftb client seems to keep using more memory till it gets to about 10 gigs then the client crashes.

10. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:52 PM
    That sounds like a case of too much memory allocated to a java program. Java only dumps it's cache when necessary, so when you allocate so much memory it's causes it to get jammed up (simply put). If you lessen the allocated memory, I have mine on 4.5G, which is probably still too much it should help the crashes as there is less to dump. I had that same issue which is the reason I understand it. It won't help block lag but it will help the launcher crashes/freezes.

11. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    You also could try to run Horizons over the MultiMC client, maybe it works better.

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    About memory, 1-2 GB is a good value for the modpacks.
    I´m realy helpless about the latest lag problems we have on monster and horizons. According to reika it is caused by rainbow trees which fight against the thaumcraft taint, but there is no dyetree mod on horizons. Do we have any other mod/block which changes the biome and might conflight with thaumcraft taint?