1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Cant connect to Server

Discussion in 'Continuum' started by Sebaneras, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Sebaneras

Sebaneras Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:29 PM
    Everytime i try to connect to the server i get a message "A fatal error has occurred, this connection has been terminated."

Attached Files:

2. Kiah84

Kiah84 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Have you tried to close down your game completely and reopened it usually work for me, I think (if it is the same issue i have had) that it is because it needs an "update".

3. Sebaneras

Local Time:
    Thank's for your answer and the Tips.
    Yes, i tried to restart the game.
    The Version of Continuum i have installed is 1.5.2-1.12.2 as far as i know this is the latest version.

4. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:29 AM

Looks as your BetterQuesting data is overloaded. I'll go ahead and tag an @Administrator to wipe out the file for you.
    -V

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Try joining again

6. Sebaneras

Local Time:
    First Time i tried i just got the message "Disconnected" after that i've got the "Fatal error" again.

7. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Teleported you to the spawn, try joining again.

Also do you have the same issue on node 1?

8. Sebaneras

Local Time:
    Still the same error, also on node 1.

9. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Try reinstalling the modpack then.

10. Sebaneras

Local Time:
    I had already tried that. I have reinstalled it again. Same result, on both nodes.

Attached Files:

11. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hey Sebaneras,

I just have a few questions for you.

Which launcher are you using?

If you are using the MyM Launcher, right click the instance and click "Hard Force Update" and that will remove all the modpack files and re-download them. This ensures that if it is Better Questing being broken in your files, this should fix it.
    If you are using Twitch or FTB, navigate to the folder that you installed minecraft into for them (or right click the instance and click "Open Folder") and move up a directory to all your pack instances. Then delete the folder for Continuum and re-download the modpack like you normally would. Then try to login again and see if it works. If not, please reply here with the contents of your log. This time please use a service like Pastebin or GitHub Gist to send us the contents as we do not like to download files and open them, no matter how trustworthy you may be. You can open the file and use Ctrl + A to select all the contents and then Ctrl + C to copy it. Then just paste it into one of those two services and click create. In the event it is too big for Pastebin, use Gist as the limit does not exist for length.

What java version are you using?

Our launcher only supports Java 8 versions. Using others may cause unexpected errors and cause certain features to not function as intended. Please use Java 8 versions only. You can find what version of Java you have by following these steps:
    1. Press Windows Key + X and click "Windows Powershell (Admin)" or "Windows Command Prompt (Admin)"
    2. Copy and paste this command into the window java -version using Ctrl + C to copy it and Ctrl + V to paste it into the command prompt/powershell window. Then press enter.
    3. Copy what comes up in the window by selecting it with the mouse and using Ctrl + C to copy it and Ctrl + V paste it into your next reply at the bottom of the message. Doesn't need to be in a pastebin as it is only a few lines of text.
    Here is an example of what it should look like:
    java version "1.8.0_191"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-b12)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.191-b12, mixed mode)

Please get back to us ASAP!
    Thank you and have an awesome day!
    Colin

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  12. Sebaneras

Local Time:
    Hey Column01

i'm using Twitch, so i have deleted the folder and reinstalled the Mod.
    I was using Java 10, so i switched back to Java 8.

Code:
    java version "1.8.0_181"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-b13)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)
    Still the same error on both nodes.
    Here is the logfile.

13. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    Hey Sebaneras,
    It appears that minecraft is using the incorrect version of Java. In the log it is using version 1.8.0_51.
    Please go to "Add or Remove programs" and uninstall version 1.8.0_51. Also make sure to update to version 1.8.0_191, and when doing so, check "Remove outdated versions of Java" Download Free Java Software

14. Sebaneras

Local Time:
    Hey,

I've removed all newer and older Java-Versions, and installed the needed version.

Code:
    java version "1.8.0_191"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-b12)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.191-b12, mixed mode)
    Still the same. :(

Here is the log.

And here a screenshot of the Java control panel

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  15. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    Unfortunately the only fix we currently have for this is to wipe your questing data. Gonna tag the @Administrator team to do this now. Continuum has a broken version of better questing and we have to wait for FTB to update it to fix this issue permanently.

HOWEVER
    It appears you are using the curse/Twitch launcher, and it is using the java version that comes installed with Curse, instead of the system java version. You need to point it to the right java install and make sure you have enough memory allocated. You can check this by navigating to the minecraft settings in the settings (first picture shows how to get there. Click the three lines in the top left) and set the launcher to the "Native Launcher". If you have the default install of minecraft and not a tweaked version to point to a different java bin, it should use the proper java version.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IF IT IS ALREADY SET TO NATIVE, COPY THESE SETTINGS. IF THE JAVA VERSION DOES NOT SHOW UP, CLICK THE REFRESH BUTTON NEXT TO IT.
    [​IMG]

To make sure you have enough memory allocated, scroll down further to the section shown below. You can safely set the maximum memory value to half of the amount of RAM you have. If you cannot allocate at least 4GB of RAM to the game, then this modpack will not be playable. If you have 16GB of RAM or more, set it to 6-7GB, as going higher causes Java to not cleanup properly and may result in memory leaks.
    [​IMG]

16. Sebaneras

Local Time:
    Done! I have changed everything as mentioned. Now i'm waiting for the confirmation that the file is deleted and hoping that everything will work again.

Strange thing is, everything worked fine with the previous config for a few weeks/months until this error showed up about two weeks ago.

17. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
  18. Gorofex

Gorofex Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:29 AM
    is there a fix for this issue i am having the same issue i have re installed 2 times re did java and every time i log in i can look around for 1 second and then i get kicked

19. TomboyEnthusiast

Local Time:
    Its is likely your better questing data. Please join the lobby and make a ticket so we can get it looked into. @Sebaneras is still waiting @Administrator...

20. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:29 AM
    Sorry about the wait. Will look at it now. Will let you know