1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change To Grief Prevention

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by xXxNahanxXx, Feb 5, 2015.

1. xXxNahanxXx

xXxNahanxXx Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:30 AM
    Hello there! I have a suggestion that involves changing the mechanics of the Grief Prevention plugin that should solve some issues within communities on all the modpacks. In case someone reading this doesn't know what that plugin is or does, it's what claims your area and keeps the griefers away.

Now then, the suggestion I have is to disable auto claim feature that occurs when someone places a chest outside a claim for the first time. This can cause issues for people if they have a person place one outside their claim because it restricts the owner from building, and doing anything else until one claim is removed.

Ok now I know some of you haven't had this issue before, but for those of you who have, you know the frustration that comes with it. Try expanding a claim, and realizing you can't because there's a claim right beside yours. This may not be a major issue, but like I said, for people that live in communities it's a big problem.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear everyones opinion on the matter :D

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    11:30 AM

3. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:30 AM
    This feature makes it much easyer for the new players to protect their stuff. They don't know how the golden shovel works yet and are new to the voting for claimblocks system.

When this disappears the amount of griefing will increasy a lot I think.

Deleting a claim / asking the player to move does seem less harmfull than not giving them an option to claim anyway.

+ if the player DOES knows how to claim and wants to be next to your base, he will do so even without the chest thing.

Decnav likes this.