1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Chunk that loads around players.

Discussion in 'Direwolf20' started by Rissning, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Rissning

Rissning Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:24 AM
    Hey,

As of lately most gotten to agree that playing is better than not playing when it regards chunkloaders.
    But I wondered if the chunk loaded around character could be enlarge by atleast one chunk around?
    Cause machinery as harvester of bigger size takes forever to work properly even when I stand nearby
    and I have a feeling it might be cause of loading one of the chunks only, same goes with bigger powersupply and machinery bases which gone to late game. 16x16 bases is not something I would like to have cause of look wise and its not efficient. I cannot do anything then beside watching machine or farm mats from farm, not both unless I make a tower from the bottom of the world to the top.

This regards Direwolf20 node2 and is wished for by many of the regular people.

2. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hey its really difficult to change that also it is nearly impossible since its hardcoded somewhere. Normally you can use the chunkloaders so you dont have those issues. but they are currently disabled. We have tried several hours finding the issue and havent found it. im back from holiday now so i will keep searching for it so we can finally enable chunk loaders again.

3. Rissning

Local Time:
    The issue might be as simple as the things that makes lag now, is multiplied by every base that contains a ME system of similar size + tubes which shows item+ any other mod that shows motion. Have u tested with limiting chunk loader and size to 3x3, we did discuss this earlier with a moderator which simply blew it off. This might pinpoint the issue more or simply show same result. Adding that 1 each would be necesary then.

4. Werwolfi_de

Local Time:
    the chunkloaders are not the real problem. the problem is that someone is loading an Applied Energistics Me with them which is freezing the server[DOUBLEPOST=1468456253][/DOUBLEPOST]but we get literally 0(zero) informations where it is and we cant just check every chunk that would take days and has a high error tollerance

5. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    actually i never had trouble to get enough tickets to get my machines chunkloaded (idk if dw20 chunkloaders work different from infinity ones)

also enlarging the area would just keep more useless chunks active, and you have a good control of the chunks to load with the mym-chunkloader system.

6. Rissning

Local Time:
    The thing is that Direwolf20 crashes when you have them in game. This is old news since I started playing. We had chunkloaders "back in good old times" :)

7. ben_mkiv

Local Time:
    oh nvm, then i can see the struggle. but if you plan your base for that it works out also acceptable, i've played on a server without chunkloading before, and they also had slowed down neighbor chunks.

just try to avoid things crossing chunkborders and put your main stuff like the ME System / power generation in the center chunk, and stuff like treefarm in chunks around it

8. Rissning

Local Time:
    Problem is some machinery require power and unless u make a tower from bottom to the sky.. Like my brother had to go forth and back between the engines chunk and machine chunk to have em fully loaded and work. We saw the power of battery go up and down as he moved between 2 chunks.

9. ben_mkiv

Local Time:
    werewolfi, maybe it helps to add some delay (like 1min) between enabling chunkloaders after restart and log them with their location when they get enabled, so you could probably easy figure out which system freezes the server.

(and maybe make every iron loader to a goldloader for the debugging, to get sure that all get loaded)

10. Werwolfi_de

Local Time: