1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Chunkloaders

Discussion in 'MC Eternal' started by Fractal_Phoenix, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Fractal_Phoenix

Fractal_Phoenix Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    3:53 AM
    In our party we keep our main things chunkloaded (such as storage/power), but wont always have both of us online at the same time. It occurs randomly but sometimes when a chunkloader is in the same chunk as another one, it will override the other completely. One of us will get dc'd or leave and suddenly the other person doesn't have the chunks loaded despite having an active chunk loader within unless they break/replace/reactivate.

I don't know if this is something that can be addressed or not but letting the issue be known in case as it does prove to be a big inconvenience on parties

2. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    1:53 AM
    Hello Fractal_Phoenix,

After some testing it does seem there is a problem here affecting all servers. We'll need @SirWill to look into this.

HanoverFist69

Note to SirWill: I tested this on Infinity with Lirael. We both placed chunk loaders in the same chunk. When I logged off his stopped working and refused to start working unless broken/replaced. I suspect that when a player logs off the chunk gets force unloaded without checking if another online player has a chunk loader in that chunk first - which should stop it from getting force unloaded.

3. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    Issue is fixed with the next restart. Not sure why this issue was never reported before.

Gabezetrainboy4 and LordEreh like this.
  4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    Prolly bc MyM chunkloading mechanic is the most mysterious thing on the network