1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[CIV] Market Restrictions

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by BookerTheGeek, Feb 9, 2016.

?

Market restrictions?

Poll closed Feb 16, 2016.
  1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

57.1%
  1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:39 AM
    It has been brought up that their might be a good reason to implement market restrictions on CIV.

This thread is to determine if an End-Game Item list for market restrictions is wanted.

As of right now, the only restriction on CIV is, (And regardless of this poll will always be):
    • Bees: Only world drop bees
    • Seeds: If it says agricraft on it, you can't sell it.
    As always we will leave this open for 7 days, and if you don't post why, I won't count your vote.

No, I feel that we do not need a market restriction on CIV. I like the way that it is, and I dont see people flooding the market with super cheap items

2. OldManPingu

OldManPingu Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:39 PM
    My personal opinion on the matter, is that I feel restricting the market can be beneficial in a way as to avoid people reaching that end game stat, because I believe it should be a challenge, I understand people my disagree, however, simply my opinion

3. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    4:39 AM
    I've never understood the need to regulate how people enjoy the game. It's not a competition, so there's no unfair situation if someone wants to buy end game stuff and skip ahead. Nobody is harmed, except those that feel that their enjoyment was decreased because someone else didn't have to "work" as much as they did.

It's a game, and the end goal of the server should be to accommodate people's play styles and game choices, if it doesn't create an unfair situation and nobody is harmed. I just don't see any harm, or real disadvantage other than perceived, to any other players if two people can arrive at an equitable trade of goods that both are happy with.

CollinsToys and johnfg10 like this.
  4. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    tbh its quite nice being able to put things on the mark et and having more stuff that is selleble will allow myms to flow between players more freely plus i dont know many people that under price goods as long as its not from thaum or botania where there is strick progression

5. grav0r

grav0r Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:39 PM
    In my opinion market restrictions just dont fit the theme of civilisation. For modpacks like this less rules = more fun.. in the end its pvp, if you are not ready for stuff you illegitimately obtain, there is a good chance to lose it again :)

6. IsaacOB1

IsaacOB1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    In my opinion I think that the market should be open to as many items including some end items as people selling earn money for there hard work and people buying have less work on there hands and everyone happy.

7. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:39 AM
    IMHO restrict some end-game items will allow player to actually continue the progress of some mods. Many(if not all) of the mods on Civ are based on progression, in creating things and earning them.

As of right now, people can sell raw items to help the progression of such mods (bottled essentia, Living rock, Mekanism/Ender IO parts, clay botles and fumes rom witchery).

But in the end, i'm not against a "free market", I just prefere a regulated one. :)

8. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    I am not against a free market i actually like the idea. I would't like to see the sell of endgame items at a ridiculous low price imo

9. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
    7:39 AM
    I simply wanted an endgame list because I was tired of being told what I couldn't trade. With the option though I prefer Open Market,no endgame list, without the market plugin. I would free a village where players can build shops, trade items instead of the market.

johnfg10 likes this.
  10. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:39 AM
    Actually... the idea of @Arcanuo is great :eek:

11. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
    7:39 AM
    Let me flesh it out a bit, one second.[DOUBLEPOST=1455027323][/DOUBLEPOST]Trade Village:

An Admin claimed land deposit beside spawn, with multiple sub-claims that can be rented for X MyMs per week. A form of shop plugin that supports modded IDs woould needed. This area would also be a no PvP zone but only be accessible from spawn.

Pros:

- realistic
    - Allows the trading of high tier endgame items but balances it because they have to visit the market, and actually purchase or haggle.

Cons:
    - Could run out of plots.

12. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    \
    chest shop supports ids but not things like tinkers tools

13. julio1237878

Local Time:
    Not everything needs to be sell in chest shop ever hear about making a sign describing it and selling it without the shop hehe

14. Dat_Doc

Dat_Doc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i feel we need market restrictions, because on the market players who just started can buy things that took me hours of work to get. I think this isnt fair for players that are already long on the server.

15. julio1237878

Local Time:
    Again if they bought it don't worry they are the ones spoiling their fun :p

16. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I think there should be restriction on trading items giving players direct pvp advantage (heart canisters, armor, weapons...). If there weren't those restrictions the pvp aspect will be heavily imbalanced (trading KAMI items).
    And what will be even worse will be greater amount of players whining about getting one shotted outside their claims and losing their items when they first took agressive stance (Yes, this happened, even when there were no rules broken.).

17. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Find this and I'll look into making it happen. It will need to support modded items with either the actual name, or a picture (Name is preferred). Also will need to support a blacklist.

18. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Why work hard to achieve an item when u can buy it

19. HomesliceMain

HomesliceMain Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I really feel like we don't need restrictions on the market

20. OldManPingu

OldManPingu Well-Known Member