1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civilization 2.0 ?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by King_Cronus, Feb 20, 2016.

1. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:21 AM
    As of now civilization is a mess its being neglected

@johnfg12 wants to make a civilization 2.0 a pack which would be well looked after as john has a lot of free time and he knows his stuff i believe he could really bring this pack to a great success.the reason for him creating a 2nd version is due to the restriction regarding access to the current mod pack

he could really benefit from your feed back because as we all know this pack which was created by @Krhymez has been going through a roller coaster of issues this pack is good in my eyes it is the first pvp pack i have played on the mym servers and i feel like its pretty cool there are a number of new mods that i have never played with and i my self have had fun figuring out what they do along with the great MyM community.

But there is something that has been bugging me for the past week or so.

I feel like this pack is ok and with some nurturing it could become on of the best but i simply feel like this pack is being neglected this is not because Krhymez has done so but because this so called "community" pack is being ignored, many players have left to play on a different pack because of the countless connection issues and just the general performance issues the glitches the crashes but this could all be sorted out if someone could look after this pack.

I also feel like this pack is trying to be to much like FTB Expert forcing players into working through certain mods to achieve a simple storage system or some good armor and its simply not giving them options i feel like its forcing those who want to pvp to go into botania or thaumcraft to gain that end game armor where as there is barley any tech based mod that offers armor that is any where near as good as terra steel or ichor

There are also issues with
    thaumcraft research
    invisible mobs
    Bugs

In my opinion this pack is rather neglected and simply not looked after.

In case you dont know .... Krhymez left after making the pack and launching it to take a well deserved break as he has literally worked on it day and night after doing so this pack has been taken over by @BookerTheGeek and by any means this is not me criticizing his work but i feel like since this pack has been put into the hands of booker it has gone into a down wards spiral i have personally asked for a mod to be implemented but after the poll showed that the community wanted the mod in this pack there was no reply from booker and no action was taken.

This is my point there is a lack of interest in this pack i thought i might create to seek your opinion on the matter and perhaps bring these issues to the surface so that something could be done about this as it would be a shame if this pack died off

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    well if i would be allowed the perms i am perfectly happy to help dev the pack

3. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:21 PM
    Booker never took over the pack. And Booker is also On Break. I believe it's been posted elsewhere that this pack is currently abandoned.

4. johnfg10

Local Time:
    ^ just saying

5. LucidTheStick

Local Time:
    That's not possible with our setup. We are trying to focus on the core servers and general backend stuff right now. I felt before the pack and still that we don't have the manpower to support it. It's not out of a not wanting to, but we only have so many hours in the day. All the staff are volunteers so we can only work with what we have =)

6. johnfg10

Local Time:
    but i could help dev the pack :p and i would incease the man power :D[DOUBLEPOST=1456011861][/DOUBLEPOST]^ trying here :D

7. King_Cronus

King_Cronus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ra
    Perhaps the community could work on this pack along with the staff as it is a pack run by us we could make the choices and decide on the future perhaps also solve the issues I propose a full transparency

8. johnfg10

Local Time:
    i have a purposeal i will start Civilastations 2 and start from there but i would need the go ahead from staff

9. LucidTheStick

Local Time:
    Sorry but I don't see this happening in the immediate future. As I've already said, we are stretched tight.

10. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Bookers got his own "Death" pack to work on too remember[DOUBLEPOST=1456015329][/DOUBLEPOST]Civ was good when it came out but now because theres hardly any man power and the amount of mods added "I THINK" that its starting to push players away with its connectoion and fps issues ( from 90 fps when it first came out to 30 FPS a week ago)

11. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:21 PM
    IMHO, the "community pack" works only for polling and suggestions. We cannot let 30 people run a project, I've worked with more than 10 people and the amount of confronting ideas is too much for a single project manager,specially when those managers have another issues to attend (the influx of ticket is quite high everyday).
    But there's still hope in the horizon...

BTW, let's not generalize, there are still 20 25 people approx. And the server still receives new people everyday, the pack it's not dead, just need some love.

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  12. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    See how it does after the next PVP pack

13. johnfg10

Local Time:
    im offering god im offering hello *puts hand up* hello im here *jumps up and down*

14. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sir. This is not a competition. We offer a wide variety of options, the player choose the pack they want to play, if a modpack is abandoned, nobody loose nor win, let's not turn this into a fanboy based debate. Those never end well.

15. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    ;) i know i know just miss the old Civ

16. Dovahpork

Dovahpork Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    that being said civ dose have its problems one of them being the ever persistent thaumcraft bug

17. johnfg10

Local Time:
    well if it was being worked on by somone its more likly to get sorted and will need less admins assistance

18. Ernuke

Ernuke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Nobody is stopping you of creating a fork version of Civ. Then you can apply like any other pack and I wish you the best of luck.

19. johnfg10

Local Time:
    is this allowed if so i will do

20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    1:21 AM
    sure its allowed.

As an estimate the galactic science pack which is completed and does not have many bugs still consumes around 10-15 hours a week of maintenance. Its crazy what time they need if you are maintaining them at a good level.