1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Claim? Why? Claims dont help the server

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by Ganyjko, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Ganyjko

Ganyjko Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:25 PM
    Hello, I've been away for few days because of the christmas holidays. And I came back to my beloved modpack. After the logging in I saw that my base was deleted :) I've spent so much time there and all my work is gone. So I'm asking why should I ever claim something again?? It costs me voting to get tokens. It is extremly costy, need to vote 2-3 days 5 times a day to get 3x3 chunk area claimed. And after that if you're afk for few days your claim resets to default :D So half of my base is still there :DD I'm asking you to rethink about this plugin. Now its better to play without claim since griefing isnt allowed. Thanks and have a beautiful day.

2. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The claim timer is 14 days theres a command to extend it but I don't remember

Besides claiming will prevent theft of your things and anti grief

3. Ganyjko

Ganyjko Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I know the main reason, to protect your stuff. But why half of my base is still there then? It lags the server so admins go delete it or renew the claim because it's half completed work.

4. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    the main purpose for claims is to prevent griefing. a "no griefing rule" is nice and all, but there will still be enough people who'd ignore it given the chance, and given mym's no refund policy, it's a welcome security for most people.
    there are other functions to claims as well, like explosion deactivation or real estate managing, which rarely ever are used on most servers though

either the leftovers of your were in an unclaimed area, or it's still in the progress of revertion. if i remember correctly, deleted claims slowly revert back to the originaly created chunks, just block by block, which takes a while.

and as fireforce said, the claim reset is normally set to 14 days, so you simply haven't been playing in a too long time. in case you did play less than 14 days ago, it might have been a bug though, in which case you might want to create a ticket and ask staff for help/advice

5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:25 AM
    The claim function serves a few purposes, the primary one is to protect your items from being stolen by other naughty players who some how wander onto our network. It also serves as a clear line of delineation between your base and the wilderness. Finally as you have experienced it allows us to automatically remove areas that have gone stagnant and players have abandoned without us going into the game and manually deleting sections.

Secondly, your information is incorrect about voting and claiming. Voting enables you to receive tokens to trade for additional claim blocks, or chunk loading tickets, or myms to spend on the market. Once a block is claimed it is claimed until you release the claim through abandoning it, or you do not log into the server for fourteen days, twenty-eight if you have run the /absence command. The 3x3 you are referencing sounds more like you are running a chunk loader to keep your chunks loaded and is a separate function from claiming.

Next onto the fallacy of a few days, your last login to Infinity was on December 18th, and you are making this post on January 5th which means your few days is actually eighteen. You then moved on to Project Ozone 2, which is why the claim deletion is in place. After eighteen days of being away from that server,but not from the network it is unlikely that you are going to come back to play, or if you were intending on playing you might have just wanted to check to make sure everything is in place.

Why should you claim? If the reasons above aren't enough for you, consider the likely hood of getting griefed, or having your base regenerated manually rises significantly. In the event you are griefed the staff would be unable to return the items that were stolen from you if recovered because we would have no safe area to put them and we'd likely be forced to destroy those items. It also significantly increases the response time and resolution to any incidents at your base, since it isn't claimed we have no way to know who you allowed to do things there, who you didn't allow etc. It also leaves your base open to all sorts of destruction either intentional from those bad players or accidental by other players who simply didn't realize your base was active and built next to or under your base.

While it suck to lose your base, and I know because I've lost mine a few times on various servers when working keeps me away from playing, it is part of playing on a server environment and something we have to live with.