1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition - Automation game - Screwed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by stijn04356789, Oct 3, 2016.

1. stijn04356789

stijn04356789 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    [​IMG]
    Hello MineYourMinders!!!

Builders, crafters, thinkers, miners ... It is your time to compete for the new position of "Master of Screwed"!! Battle and fight with others and measure yourself with the best of our network and beyond this!

Screwed, a game full of challenges and chances to show yourself in different challenges and tasks.

Won once? Go for the next step! Compete with other winners and let this continue forever and ever!

A game tested by our staff members and be sure they liked it. Stress, running out of time, things breaking, it is all in there! So come on and check it out and keep reading!

To give you more of an idea, check the screenshots from the Trial run! Link.

A quick introduction

Are you the pro in automating things, the person who can make something out of nowhere or you want to test yourself on your knowledge of the mods? Then this is THE game for you!

This game is completely made for modded Minecraft and you will discover new limits that's for sure!

Welcome to our world, automating machines, building weird things and contraptions with one goal, being creative and fulfilling the wishes of the judges and the event coordinators. (or better said: our gamemakers! And yes, they are evil and they will be evil for sure with the missions.)

For each game we have three smaller games where you will all compete to be the best in. All of them having a different test or challenge, 30 minutes are on the clock and start!

Interested?! Make sure to read all further details!!

A quick overview of all the details can be found here:

1. Pack: Infinity Normal;
    2. Server: Special server, ip will be given if you are invited to come and play;
    3. When: Each two or three weeks on Saturday or Sunday;
    4. Hour: First round is going to be at 4PM German time. Countdown
    5. Duration: Around 2 hours.

When the competition is hosted we will always invite around 8 people to come and play the game. 4 players who are really there to go and play and 4 people who will be invited to come and be the reserve in case someone doesn't show up. This will allow us to always play with 4 people.

As we can not let everyone play at the same time we will not start by the players who signed up first. All people will be thrown in a spreadsheet and with this get the number of the row. A random number generator will help us take the eight people.

Chosen? Be lucky! We will personally inform you in a forum message.

For this game we have several rules set up. Please make sure to read them if you are going to participate. As always: ignorance is no excuse!

Rules:

1. Be in time for the event, preferably 10 minutes before the start. Being more then 10 minutes to late will lead to a direct disqualification.
    2. If you get disconnected or crash for any reason then you are always able to join the competition again at that moment. Not showing up anymore leads to disqualification. The time that you lose due to the crash will be lost forever and will not be given back to you in additional time.
      1. Note: If the server crashes or any global issues then the timer will be paused and we will continue after that everyone is back.
    3. Do not argue with our judges, if you are eliminated then you are eliminated. You have to respect the opinion of the judges.
    4. Griefing other players contraptions or trolling/annoying them is not allowed, elimination will follow.
    Tips:
    1. The general MyM banned items list is active on the event server.
    2. Missing any items? Feel free to ask, our judges and event coordinators will decide if we can add it or not.
    3. Feel free to use any of the items that are there for you, the everlasting mana pools are there to be taken as well!

Credits

As always we want to thank MineYourMind to make this possible of course and to allow us to build this and host the server for us.

We also would like to thank @Kronnn and @johnfg10 to help us building the area together with @_prpl_ and myself.

We would also like to thank @Bounty_Hunterr for his special work to develop the computercraft system that we are using for the timers.

Beside ComputerCraft we also had some help from @VebionPlays for the nice graphic design.

And of course the judges and participants for each edition.

To make it complete, we got inspired by Direwolf20's series "wrenched".

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. stijn04356789

stijn04356789 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Note: First event is going to be the 23th at 4PM German time!

countdown clock

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  3. Blizzix_

Blizzix_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:41 PM
    This sound awesome! I however do not think ill take part in the competition side of things because tbh I will get rekt in a instant. Although I do think you should get someone there to stream it on twitch so everyone can watch. I think that will be a great addition.

Best of luck!
    ~Jake

DoesntAfraid likes this.
  4. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    6:41 PM
    So it's Direwolf20's "Wrenched" series? Well, dunno that its HIS, but he did videos on it as a host.

That's really cool. Don't think I have the time to join such a thing right now, but it would be fun to be recorded and posted on youtube :D

DoesntAfraid likes this.
  5. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:41 PM
    30 min to build each round?

6. IsHayden

IsHayden Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:41 PM
    was this because of my post?
    if so, then... AWESOME!

I should get an award for stealing this idea!

7. _prpl_

_prpl_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    its not stolen.. I checked to make sure it was ok to be copied believe me :)

8. IsHayden

Local Time:
    yeah ik. I was just talking about coping the idea from direwolf20's series

9. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:41 PM
    I'm not holding off this time, let's get ready to rumble

10. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'lL try to be in... that's 9am central time right?[DOUBLEPOST=1475948731][/DOUBLEPOST]On sunday

11. IsHayden

Local Time:
    already signed up >:D and yes, 9am central (7am for me, rip sleep)

12. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yes

13. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i think you will find FTB and direwolf encouraged others to make there own versions :p

14. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    I'll have to sign up for this sometime in the future.

15. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:41 AM
    Is this event like the olympics (No rewards) or like building competition (With rewards) when will be the first one

16. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:

17. WikidSick

Local Time:
    Seems awesome atm checked wrenched

18. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    guess winners of the building comp can sign up, as this is another themed event?!

19. WikidSick

Local Time:
    I like the theme of it

20. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Everyone can sign up.