1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Cooling Coil not working

Discussion in 'Forever Stranded' started by Sareena, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Sareena

Sareena Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:10 PM
    The cooling coil does not seem to be working. In /tam tempinfo I should be seeing a reading for climatization. I have a cooling coil in my back room and standing in the water my heat levels should be dropping like a stone, but they are not.
    Has the cooling coil effect been disabled?

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It hasn't been disabled, if it was we'd have a lot of dead players on our hands. Is the room the cooling coil in enclosed, and what size is it. Too large or with an opening present it won't cool you down at all.

3. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    Also I don't think it sees chisels and bits structures when checking if it's enclosed (atleast last I checked), be careful of that. But doors are fine.

4. Sareena

Local Time:
    From the MYM launcher - in single player where I have changed nothing about the back room of the ship, I place a cooling coil and a lever.
    In SP, /tan tempinfo shows Climatisation -500 when the cooling coil is on. I have replaced none of the blocks, it's all as it was.
    In the same room with the same setup on the server, climatisation never comes up and I overheat standing in that room (door closed) with the cooling coil on.

Here is the image from single player in with the exact same setup.
    Note in the tempinfo, Climatisation is there
    https://i.imgur.com/qOwdAjE.png

Here is the image from the server
    Note no climatisation and I am over heating
    https://i.imgur.com/dickyUI.png

I have overheated a number of times in that back room with the cooling coil active.

5. wyndman

Local Time:
    Now.. if you press F9 are they in the same chunk as you?

6. Sareena

Local Time:
    Yep
    [doublepost=1505245087][/doublepost]I can stand on top of the cooling coil, and get absolutely nothing from it.
    It only seems to work if I have moved one downstairs underneath the base.
    But the point being, I'm in the same chunk, in a closed room, standing on top of the cooling coil and it is doing nothing and my heat is increasing.

7. wyndman

Local Time:
    I'll see if I can get on at some point tonight and look at it.

8. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    10:10 PM
    It is because the spaceship is made of blocks from the chisel mod (original chisel, not chisel&bits), which due a bug are not detected on servers as being solid blocks for the purposes of the cooling coils, possibly another Sponge issue but idk for sure without a non-sponge server to test it on...

Make a small hollow box out of any vanilla material (cobble/sandstone/etc) and put the coil inside that and it will work just fine.

9. Tipsied

Tipsied Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:10 PM
    Hi @Sareena
    Still having troubles? Let us know! Chaosblad3 might be right. I tried this at my base underground and it worked like a charm. Let us know!
    -Tipsied

10. Sareena

Local Time:
    It does work in other locations, so it's a server thing with a mod conflict.
    Thank you for checking back :)

11. Tipsied

Tipsied Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:10 PM
    Since we have determined it's a mod conflict on servers and nothing further on our end can be done, I will go ahead and close this thread.
    -Tipsied