1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Possible Could we add some mod packs to the server?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Dionysus777, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Dionysus777

Dionysus777 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:05 AM
    Appologies this isnt really a support topic but I was not sure where else to post this.

I was wondering if it is possible to add the Thaumic Engerstics mod pack to direwolf 1.7.10.

Lucrensions

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:05 PM
    Hello Lucrensions,

Sadly we cannot do this. MyM only hosts the packs that other people create (or in some cases host packs that members of MyM have created for MyM, but direwolf20 is not one of those packs), therefore we cannot alter the mods in the pack because, one: we do not own the rights to the pack, such a change would have to be implementet my the modpack developer themself and two: doing so would essentially just be us ripping off someone elses work. In other words not ok.

I will also go ahead and move this thread to the suggestions section of the forums instead of support as this is more of a suggestion than a cry for help :)

3. Dionysus777

Local Time:
    Ok I understand that.

For this partical mods pack could you tell me who does own it so i could possibly petition them to add it?

Lucrensions
    [doublepost=1531130145][/doublepost]I am pretty sure you will say direwolf20 :)

4. tonalom

Local Time:
    You are almost correct. Direwolf20 was made and is maintained by the ftb team in collaboration with direwolf20 so that his fans could follow along on his playthroughs. As for getting the devs to implement a new mod into the pack, i’m afraid I have bad news for you. While it certainly might be worth a try, the pack is not all that new. Being made in 2014 and with having multiple successors coming after it, I doubt the ftb team will stop with their next project to implement a new mod into an already quite old pack. It simply would not be worth their time.

5. Dionysus777

Local Time:
    Mmm, i see where your coming from. I really enjoyed his playthroughs hence the reason I chose the pack.

Question... has the MYM team ever accepted a pack from a MYM member before?

6. tonalom

Local Time:
    There have been a few packs in the past that were made by members of MyM, packs like D.I.E and Mineyourgalaxy. Right now the pack Galacticscience is being hosted, which was made by a member of the community named Caithleen. And some time in the future a pack named MyMskies will be completed and hosted (you can read more about it here: MyM Skies.. The Update! | MineYourMind Community). If you wish to make a pack and have it hosted here (or already have made a pack) I recommend contacting a higher-up member of the staff team to discuss it further.

7. Dionysus777

Local Time:
    Thank you tonalom.

You are exactly the type of person I respect talking to. You have answered everything i need to know so if it suits you please close this thread.

Best Regards
    Lucrensions

Cynnimon and tonalom like this.