1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crackpack Overworld Restoration

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by SubjectAlpha413, May 26, 2019.

1. SubjectAlpha413

SubjectAlpha413 Active Member

Local Time:
    9:31 AM
    Hey guys! I'm Alpha and I'm trying to restore the damaged areas of the overworld in the crackpack server. If you guys find super destroyed areas please give me the general coords so I know where it is. I'm gonna replant the forests, terraform, fix villages, and do other general restoration. Also if you need resources there is a random teleport to the farm world at spawn, please use that instead of mining in the overworld. Also If any mods read this please let me know if theres anything that can be done about the numerous griefed and unclaimed properties around the overworld.

Attached Files:

2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    7:31 AM
    I like this idea! I could come on and help too it needed

3. SubjectAlpha413

Local Time:
    If you want! Im starting in spawn and working east to west right now, and trying to keep the areas around spawn nice.

4. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    6:31 AM
    If you post the coords of large areas that need regeneration a Sr Mod can come regen them. Be much faster and it's not really hard for us to do.

5. SubjectAlpha413

Local Time:
    About a good 40 percent of the overworld is destroyed on this server, so theres no specific place but its pretty bad just outside spawn protection. Thats where some of my screenshots included are from, most notably that awakened draconium blocks and bedrock one.

6. Cazbar04

Cazbar04 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:31 PM
    Heading south from spawn I came across the empty mud hut and ruined terrain.

upload_2019-6-2_12-50-10.
    I got to work sorting the area out. Now looks as shown below. Grass hasn't spread yet.
    upload_2019-6-2_12-54-24.
    I think the movement you have made is great and I cant wait to do more to help.

7. Cazbar04

Local Time:
    Any areas need doing today?
    [doublepost=1559480070,1559476852][/doublepost]Have not got the time today to fix but I found this area destroyed and I feel it is a multi-person job. Co-ords are in top left if a moderator can just reset the chunks. If not ill get to work on it in the near future.
    upload_2019-6-2_13-54-25.

8. PotatoWithHat

PotatoWithHat Lord of Giraffes

Local Time:
    2:31 PM
    lol one of the bases youve shown is on our old base location

9. Cazbar04

Local Time:
    Lol, its a shame there inst a system you can declare the land unused and it can be reset.

10. CollinsToys

CollinsToys Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Towny has a setup where if you un-claim your blocks everything goes back to its original state before claiming. Something like that would be nice. The rules state if it has been built by a player you can't break the blocks. That's one reason why no one fixes things.

11. Cazbar04

Local Time:
    That's exactly what we need, maybe make it optional or after a certain amount of time because I often reclaim my area to make it larger.

12. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If the players claimed the areas they would in fact regenerate. Certain servers seem to have greater issues with players not bothering.

GreyWolf11 likes this.
  13. CollinsToys

CollinsToys Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    [doublepost=1559854804][/doublepost]
    I mean if I build something and then move my base. I unclaim and it all goes back to normal.

14. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    I think what Wyndy's trying to say is that if a player claims the area they want to live in, proceeds to mess up the land, and then goes inactive the damage to the overworld would be reset when 14d of inactivity is passed (As the players claimed areas essentially get //regen'd)
    Think there was some confusion between you two as to what we have (The above) and your suggestion ("Towny has a setup where if you un-claim your blocks everything goes back to its original state before claiming.")