1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Crash and Rollback on the FS Server

Discussion in 'Forever Stranded' started by mrminesheeps, Jun 12, 2017.

1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    7:38 AM
    I think the title is kind of self-explanatory... After ~10 minutes, the server crashes and rolls back all our progress. It's very frustrating to all of us. Please, find a fix? .-.

2. The server crashes whenever I join, dunno why
    [doublepost=1497238023][/doublepost]Oh, looks like TuffNoodle is working on it

3. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    cool. Would be great to have a resolve to this.
    [doublepost=1497238804][/doublepost].-. i'm trying to login, but it says logging in then disconnected, in relation to your post, sanndy.

4. Server isn't crashing anymore, but neither can i join now :(

5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    seems like whack-a-mole. you remove one, and another appears >.< (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  6. Oh, server crashed :/

7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

HAMSTER CRASHED THE SERVER WHEN HE LOGGED IN >.<

[doublepost=1497239737][/doublepost]WELL ON THE BRIGHT SIDE... I DIDN'T LOSE MY STUFF. BUT HAMSTER KEEPS CRASHING THE SERVER!

8. LOCK THE HAMSTER IN HIS WHEEL!!!

9. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:38 AM
    This is where someone rushes in and says #experimental.. though that isn't a qualified answer so..

Crashes on Forever Stranded are normally...

Client side
    • Splash Potion of Fire Resistance, no matter how many times we report it, still happens every now and then.
    • Odd rendering issues with blocks. Yeah I've no idea why but sometimes those blocks have issues.

Server side:
    • Someone doing something silly like trying to quarry the nether dimension, this makes everyone sad there is no nether really so stop trying to simulate it you only make the server angry when it remembers the nether is a void world. There's technical reasons, but that's close to what happens.

• People pipe weird things into their crucibles. Yeah don't do that.. I know it looks cool there's that whole rainbow of colors and you can see the bunnies from the smoke that pours out, but again then the server gets angry that it's players are experimenting with mind altering substances and simply refuses to allow it therefore causing a glitch in the matrix as it rolls back.

Those have been the two biggest crash events we've had, and since they generally require us to go find where the block is and destroy it without crashing the server ourselves, players might continue to log on and crash the server again until we can whitelist it. So we're sorry these things happen, but things will break and get fixed as the mods are updated accordingly. Keep in the back of your collective sweaty minds that GWSheridan did not intend this to be multiplayer, so some of this is experimental²

Now if you'll excuse me I'll go sit back and enjoy a smoothie with all this snow falling around the place..

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  10. ... Or we'll get lucky and the snow will lock you inside your house till summer and you'll be soo bored out of your mind that you will investigate each and every player's base to find the problem.