1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash Landing Tips and tricks.

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by fry_lad, Aug 26, 2014.

1. fry_lad

fry_lad New Member

Local Time:
    5:39 AM
    I'm making this thread as a way for people to find out things about Crash landing that they otherwise might not, (if you have anything to add comment below and I'll edit the post)

Note: I will not be including Bugy/Exploitative ideas in this post unless I know they're specifically allowed.

Part 1 Acquiring items:

Getting Water:

There are a few main ways to get water in Crash landing but sometimes it can be confusing on how to get a steady supply.

-Shear leaves / crook leaves *Personal Favorite*

-once you have the leaves or saplings all you need to do is put them in the fluid transposer or crusible and power it to get 100ml of water each (you need 10 saplings or 10 leaves to get 1 water bottle)

-Cook Dirty water

the first step for this is to get yourself a bucket, it doesn't matter if it's clay or iron, once you have that pick up the water by your house and dig a tunnel down to Y level 47ish then place your water block there and it'll become a dirty water block, once you've gotten this far all you need to do is right click on the water block with an empty bottle and you'll get dirty water which you can then smelt in a furnace to get clean water

Cobblestone Generators:

depending on your play style you may only find yourself using 1 or 2 of these ideas but they are all plausible:

-Pyrothium cobblegen

This generator is quite simple to do and can be done within the first 3 minutes of getting your island.

what you need to do is gather a bit of dust from around the area to help you stay out of the fire, then you want to dig a trench under your ship from the pyrothium to your water (works best if you make them meet up in the center)

once you've done that the pyrothium will turn the water into smoothstone which can be harvested with a wood hamme-r or pick to get an early start on cobble

-Plain old Vanilla cobble Gen

this is a cobblestone generator that you'd end up making in vanilla minecraft but can still make in this mod pack.

what you do is you get some cobblestone from sifting your dust util you have 4 blocks, then (assuming you have made a crusible with 7 of the clay and bonemeal) place the cobble in the crusible with a torch or pyrothium underneath it to start melting it into lava, once it reaches 1000mb you'll have a bucket of lava and you can make your cobble gen by having water and lava rub up against eachother.

-Transfernode *Personal Favorite*

this type of cobble gen requires a bit of materials before hand (1 chest, 5 smoothstone, 12 redstone, 2 glass)

[​IMG]

to make this cobble gen you need to have a lava source block and a water source block on either side of a piece of cobble, then you place your transfer node on top of the cobble and put a chest or barrel above that so that it has an inventory to put the cobble into, once you've done all that you have infinite auto cobble, Simple right?

Seared Brick:

There are only two ways I know of to get seared brick.

-Nether / City world

This is perhaps the simplest way to get seared bricks.

First thing you want to do for this method is make a nether portal (I'll explain how to get Obsidion in the next section) after that you want to find a Smeltery building in a city (type /rt until you are able to see a city on your minimap then walk to it)

you should find a smeltery inside as well as 2 chests (one on the first floor beside the smeltery and one on the second in the corner.) normally one of those chests will have seared brick in them, if not you can at least get some parts of a smeltery from the one in the building

-Stones

You know all those little stones you were getting from sifting dust/dirt or from breaking smoothstone with a hammer? well you can turn those into seared bricck

[​IMG]

take those stones and put them into a crusible to melt them down into seared stone (1 stone = 1mb Seared stone)

it's a lot of stones to make a smeltery but with a little ingenuity you can completely automate it with an item duct, a crucible, a vacuum hopper and a autonomous activator.

Obsidian:

A lot of people seem to be confused on how to get obsidian for a portal, or just in general, so here's the easiest way to get it.

-Stone barrel

this is literally the easiest and quickest way of getting obsidian I can think of (seeing as you don't need to mine it)

the first thing you need to do is to get a stone barrel, one you have that place down the barrel and put a bucket of lava in it by right clicking on it with the bucket of lava in hand. after this just place water on top for a few seconds then remove the water with the bucket and right click on the obsidian in the barrel to pick it up.

Making Dirt:

Ex Nihlo Barrel

This is the more used way to get dirt, it involves getting compostable materials and right clicking on the barrel with them i order to add them to the barrel and compost them into dirt

Current Item to Dirt recipies I know of are:

Tree Saplings, Leaves, Rotten Flesh, Spider Eyes, Wheat, Bread, Dandelions, Roses, Brown Mushrooms, Red Mushrooms, Apples, Carrots, Potatoes, Baked Potatoes, Poison Potatoes, Pumpkins, Jack-o-lanterns, Pumpkin Pie, Melons, Melon Slices, Cactus, Lily pads, Vines, Sugar Cane, Tall Grass, Nether Wart, Pork (raw and cooked), Beef (raw and cooked), Chicken (raw and cooked), Eggs, Fish (raw and cooked), silkworms (raw and cooked), String, as well as any other types of seeds and fruit/vegtables.

Sludge Boiler

this method requires you to have a working harvester from Mine factory reloaded and a Sludge Boiler

all you need to do is pump the sludge / waste from the harvester over too the Sludge boiler and let it run, not only does it create power for your mine factory machines but it also produces dirt/Sand/mycilium and a few other products.

Soul Sand:

Witch water

In order to use this method you need to have either ancient spores or mycilium.

If you have ancient spores, right click on a dirt block to place it and it'll turn the dirt into mycilium, once you have a mycilium block you can place barrels around it and fill them with water, where they'll slowly turn the water inside the barrels into witch water, once it becomes witch water you can right click on it with a piece of sand to create soul sand, right click again to get the soul sand out then refill the barrel

-Sludge Bioler

much like the dirt you are able to get soul sand from a sludge boiler by pumping in 1000mb of sludge to get a random Item.

I'll add more later

Thanks for reading

~Fry

EDIT: this is only part 1 of possibly 3 parts, I'll also update as people suggest things on what they want in it.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. Jeppe0701

Jeppe0701 Active Member

Local Time:
    2:39 PM
    Very good tutorial, really the basics!.

Keep on posting some more.:D

3. Herr8

Herr8 New Member

Local Time:
    Below Y:30 you get Dirty Water instead of Salt Water when right clicking on a Water Source Block with a Bottle.

Jeppe0701 likes this.
  4. light5hade

light5hade New Member

Local Time:
    8:39 AM
    Boy thanks for all the advice man will sure help me :D

5. fry_lad

fry_lad New Member

Local Time:
    actually it's Y47 and lower from what i've tested.

alven4 and Jeppe0701 like this.
  6. RAM55579

RAM55579 New Member

Local Time:
    cool this is really hellpful[DOUBLEPOST=1411081800,1411081485][/DOUBLEPOST]Just I noticed there was no mention of getting food early.

Mijikai likes this.
  7. fry_lad

fry_lad New Member

Local Time:
    Sorry I'm actually writing up ways to get food and other nessesities now but have been taking my time as my internet is very unreliable ATM so I've rarely been home.

RAM55579 likes this.
  8. RAM55579

RAM55579 New Member

Local Time:
    Its alright, you'll get it done eventually.

9. bloodwi11

bloodwi11 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:39 AM
    Ehh not to bad really, you still have to make the crucible, slab furnace etc before you can get one as a quest reward.

Edit: i was going to mention that the only thing i really find Auto's useful for is water or using a hammer to break down ores without wasting power. Otherwise the other ones i have just sit in a chest

10. Jeppe0701

Jeppe0701 Active Member

Local Time:
    yeah that is to true XD, but thats kinda early game already.

11. fry_lad

fry_lad New Member

Local Time:
    I said I wasn't going to be using exploitative ways in getting recources, and since this is a bug I count it as such.

12. bloodwi11

bloodwi11 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ahh my mistake, i wasn't aware this was a bug.

13. fry_lad

fry_lad New Member

Local Time:
    That is considered exploitable in my mind, although you probably won't be banned for it but it seems like a half dupe, sorry.

14. Tiani2709

Tiani2709 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It is not a bug, because the Mod-Pack maker know about that. He put that for when you can do a automatic system so you can make a better Smeltery.

15. epictommy145

epictommy145 New Member

Local Time:
    8:39 PM
    Actually, getting dirty water bottle of a water source below the y 47 is not intended for this modpack. It is a feature in Enviromine and it can't be changed in the config which is why it is still existed.

proof.

16. Tecknosa

Tecknosa Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i just tested this on cl3 and it does not create power but the other products are still great to have

17. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:39 PM
    This thread was posted back in September 2014, it's quite old now ^^'

18. Tecknosa

Tecknosa Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    so then it should be updated, edited or corrected
    oh never mind i did that with my post

19. 987654321Rui