1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating Client Logs

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by hihello0773, Jul 25, 2018.

1. hihello0773

hihello0773 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:27 AM
    Sometimes when asking for help, you get asked for more information and details, like crash logs and client logs. You might be thinking... "What the heck are those things?!"

Well, a crash log is a little .txt file that is created automatically for you when your game crashes and completely shuts down to desktop. It gives the staff an idea of what happened so that they can look into fixing the issue for you! A how-to for getting the crash logs is found here.

But what about a client log, and what's the difference?
    A client log is a recording of what happens from the minute you click launch game to the moment you close the game. Ever notice that little window that pops up and scrolls text for days?
    [​IMG]
    We all get one, and it keeps track of all the mods that launch and load, any errors they may have, a record of your texture packs, etc. It also keeps track of everything that goes through your chat window, from messages that others send on the server, to those broadcasts we get every so often! When we crash (or specifically, get kicked out to the log in menu) then it will also tell us what was happening right before-hand.

Ok, so we have a client log. How do I do anything with it?

When the staff need a client log to look into an issue, there is already a handy-dandy button to use in the top right that reads: Upload Log
    [​IMG]
    Clicking that button will open a page in your browser called pastebin, where it can hold a ton of data in an easy to read format. From there you can enter the captcha, and then copy and paste the address to the staff member that requested it.
    It's that easy! :)

Tipsied, chaseB2, Punane and 3 others like this.
  2. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    6:27 AM
  3. e_z_crafter

e_z_crafter Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:27 PM
    I was asked for a log file when I submitted a ticket but I had no idea how to send one.
    Thanks for the explanation of how to do that but I have looked all over for this awesome upload log button but it's not anywhere I can see.

I use the Twitch launcher could that be why I can't find this button ?