1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Crundee Craft] Make Tree of Time saplings craftable

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Kronnn, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:26 AM
    Since the twilight forest had to be disabled early on due to TPS issues only a few players were able to get timewood saplings and now essentially have a monopoly on Timewood clocks. I'm proposing to make timewood saplings craftable to allow all players to have fair access to this part of the modpack.

Since they are normally a rare drop in the twilight forest they would have to be expensive-ish, maybe surround a tree with nether stars or something like that?

profrags, Mining_Canadian and joices like this.
  2. bobthepig2

bobthepig2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    They are super duper hard to find, should be something hard. and the cores are extremely useful. Make it harder to craft.

3. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:26 AM
    i find netherstars when you get one its not really a challange after that and people could just make wither grinders but what i think would be a good recipy if this isnt to expesive would be
    bedrockium or bedrockium block 0
    lily pad of lilyfertility x
    netherstar +
    sappling -

x 0 x
    x - x
    x + x

4. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:26 PM
    I'd rather actually that all TF special Trees gets their own recipies.
    I'll be looking into possible base recipies (that all TF tree saplings will share) then switch out an ingredient or two, tonight.

Adrianfish likes this.
  5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    bedrockium block... you do know thats an octuple compressed cobblestone practically right?

6. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    Well, Octuple compressed is actually 164x as expensive on cobble, than the quad+diamond recipe

Aaaand actually, thanks to DivineRPG on Crundee, you can get actual bedrock blocks, which I find to be harder to get, cause currently, it needs fully manual labour to get

7. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Yhea, i still think that 81 diamonds is a bit of a stretch to pay either way for cheaper cobble, but yhea, bedrock blocks would be much more expensive

8. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I actually had a longer post written out suggesting this, but thought that a certain twilight-hating admin might turn down the idea as a whole, (he knows who he is) :p

What about a dragon heart surrounded by vanilla saplings, different trees for different saplings, or even 3 dragon hearts in a line in the middle and vanilla saplings top and bottom.

As long as you have flight and decent armor you can find dragons to kill on chaos islands in the end and there are many different endgame armors that let you do this, so its not tying someone down to progressing in one specific mod to get them.

Bedrockium/compressed cobblestone kills server TPS, I'd rather have fewer things to make with it than more :p

bobthepig2 likes this.
  9. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    How about this, not too overly expensive but still takes a bit of work:
    [​IMG]
    36 gold + 9 redstone per twilight clock * 4 = 144 gold + 36 redstone + 1 of each of the 4 vanilla saplings + 1 witherless rose (4 netherstars + 4 glowing water + 1 rose bush)
    Code:
    recipes.addShaped(<TwilightForest:tile.TFSapling:5>,
    [[<minecraft:sapling>, <divinerpg:twilightClock>, <minecraft:sapling:1>],
      [<divinerpg:twilightClock>, <xreliquary:witherless_rose>, <divinerpg:twilightClock>],
      [<minecraft:sapling:2>, <divinerpg:twilightClock>, <minecraft:sapling:3>]]);
    The other TF saplings could use the same format and just replace the 4 clocks each time, for example use world interaction upgrades for the miners sapling

@Matryoshika don't make the recipe super obnoxious just for the sake of it :p

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    If you're going to make it that easy to get basically a torcherino why bother having the recipie that that long?

11. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    I honestly don't even know what you're trying to say there :/

12. Adrianfish

Local Time:
    if you are going to go through with the recipy could you make it so that the sapplings can vary on the kind?

13. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    I can currently see @Matryoshika spawning in items like bedrock and zivicio so im guessing he is working on his own recipes which from the looks of it are a bit nastier than mine lol, but with the recipe I suggested I specifically set it to be one of each vanilla sapling so you have to go out and find all 4 (to account for some of the time you would have spent looking for the timewood sapling in TF) ;)

14. Matryoshika

Local Time:

Nah, those were my idea from the beginning, though the recipes are a bit easier now[DOUBLEPOST=1439594890,1439594262][/DOUBLEPOST]Crundee Craft | MineYourMind Community

Alright, alpha recipies are:
    Lilypad of fertility, [item], Sapling
    Magical Fertilizer, Transformation Powder, Magical Fertilizer
    Sapling, [Item], Lilypad of fertility

Where [Item] is specific to the type of tree. Ex. Twilight clock from DRPG (3x3 clocks) for the Tree of Time
    EDIT: Made Tree of Time a bit harder due to some <cough>outcries of how easy it was</cough>

15. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I do like the idea of making the tree of time recipe more difficult, but I think that desh is the wrong way to go. Too easy for anyone actually planning on doing galacticraft, but forces everyone who wants one to do galacticraft even if they didnt want to.

16. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    Btw can the transformation powder be crafted

17. Matryoshika

Local Time:
    Mmmh, I can do a last tweak for today, and change the desh to bedrock as I thought of before.

NEI, Julio, NEI ._.

18. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    Was offline when i ask about it xD

19. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    I think my suggested recipes were better :p

20. Adrianfish

Local Time:
    Yea you and your 64 netherstars, you would actually have something g to spend them on :p