1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Custom RPG server

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by KingsAvatar, Sep 16, 2019.

?

Would you guys enjoy or even want to see such a pack?

Poll closed Oct 7, 2019.
  1. yes

53.3%
  2. no

6.7%
  3. maybe i'll check it out

33.3%
  4. would never play such a pack

6.7%
  1. KingsAvatar

KingsAvatar No

Local Time:
    1:19 PM
    With current popularity of mmorpgs i was thinking that such a modpack would be a good idea.
    Modpacks like tolkiencraft,TLON,wynncraft(not modded but still fits the theme) are a good example of what the modpack that i'm suggesting should look like, less technology and more exploring.
    Most modpacks now are about crafting tons of items to get to 1 endgame one(or even creative one)...it's fun for the first few hours but doesn't it get boring and repetitive to just build machines that do everything for you?
    Wouldn't it be more fun to have a more medieval fantasy modpack?
    Choose a race and a class and start your adventure as a mage, archer, warrior or any other class you want. (1)
    Spend time doing quests, unlocking new areas and farming better gear from monsters and bosses.
    You don't feel like playing solo?
    Make a guild and take on the monsters with your friends!
    You finally got decent gear....now what?
    Try your new items against world bosses or even do some raids with your guild! (2)

THE SKY IS THE LIMIT
    Or so you think! Get your hand on flying mounts and take on the new monsters above the clouds! (3)
    Explore the world to get artifacts and special enchantments
    Find hidden artifacts that make you stronger by exploring the dungeons and secret rooms or find the ancient tomes of knowledge that contain more powerful enchantments than normal.
    "I'm max level...now what..."
    You finally reached the max level and got the best gear? Don't worry we got you!
    How about you buy some land with all the money you earned and make a mansion where you could display all the cool items you have! Build it from scratch with all the cool decorations and building blocks that you acquired during your adventures! You want to make the money you invested in your house back? That's easy too! Just make few rooms for quests and rent them! That way you get money from them and they get access to all the utilities of your house (they can't take/put stuff in inventories that you haven't given them access to.

Some details for those interested
    1. i was thinking of a race and class system (the race would affect the base stats like mana,health,stamina and others and the class system would unlock some abilities)
    Example: a) an elf mage | elf- more mana than stamina default health mage- unlocks some basic spells and has an affinity for anything magic related.
    b) how about an orc warrior | orc- more health and stamina but almost no mana warrior- sword/two handed abilities and few low level support spells.

2. Every mob will drop some type of loot form legendary swords and armor pieces to crafting materials.
    Raids will be more difficult and would require a group depending on the dungeon. (maybe you would need at least 4 players to stand on pressure plates to open the next area....or shoot 2 buttons at the same time etc...)

3.Tons of new dimensions each with it's own theme, town, item sets and merchants. It would be fun to have a portal hub with a progression system(unlock the next dimension by completing certain quests in the previous ones)

THIS PORJECT WOULD BE MASSIVE!
    I know that a pack like this would be difficult to pull off but at the same time it would be a unique pack.

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:19 AM
    There's a thread for this floating around here, the idea was suggested and I'm all for it. The issue is it needs a champion to get behind the development. I started it, but I've found my work load is much too high to give this a lot of attention now. I'm in graduate school so I'm spending hours in class, more hours on class work, hours on field work each week on top of balancing a life, sleep, being a husband and parent on top of my work here. :)

sp33draft and LadyRen13 like this.
  3. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:19 AM
    No offence but it sounds like we're just copying off other server networks now with all the different suggestions popping up

4. KingsAvatar

KingsAvatar No

Local Time:
    1:19 PM
    I understand that there are already servers out there that have packs like this and are played by tons of ppl (wynncraft hypixel skyblock or even cursedcraft). I'm not suggesting to copy their packs but make a custom one. If all the recent suggestions have a similar theme that meanst that such a modpack is actually wanted by the community(at least that's how I see it).

LadyRen13 likes this.