1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D&D Miniatures!

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Wyvern__, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Wyvern__

Wyvern__ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:56 AM
    Been making new photos of some of my minis, they're either for friends or used in my campaigns! I haven't been painting for long, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Any other mini painters here?
    Here are some examples of some enemy characters, my total collection is around 30 painted right now ^^
    Legionäre1.JPG
    Feierspeierhinten.JPG
    Bärhinten.JPG
    Feuerspeier und Bär1.JPG

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    ItzxOdd, LadyRen13, dubhnoir and 4 others like this.
  2. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:56 PM
    Oh what an awesome thing to share! I'd say it all looks quite professionally painted! The fur was so well done and I would have to say that the Dragonkin Paladin is my favorite. As for taking pictures a tip I can say would make these look a little bit nicer (not saying these pictures are bad at all!!). I would suggest to use a bit lighter background as well as instead of using flash on your camera use a lamp (of neutral lighting color) and set it off to the side while using another to the other side. You can also use some paper or a light white (not see-through but almost) type of fabric over the flash. It'll defuse the harsh lighting and minimize the overly bright spots and harsh shadows.

Anyways, overall it's really awesome and I'm sure we'd all love to see more :D

LadyRen13, Wyvern__ and Shizucc like this.
  3. Wyvern__

Local Time:
    Ah that's a great tip, thank you! I've indeed struggled quite a bit with the whole lighting and focusing thing, I'll try that next time~ I still need to improve a lot, considering the details of actual professionals ^^

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  4. LadyRen13

LadyRen13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:56 PM
    This is Amazing! I have wanted to do this for a very long time but have never seemed to make the time. You have inspired me to get back to painting, I always enjoyed ceramics and never tried minis. Hopefully pics soon!

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  5. Wyvern__

Local Time:
    Yes, it's fun, especially as my group enjoys them as well! Some people outside of my group occasionally buy a mini from me, funding more minis and so on~ Right now I'm working on a small orc hunter squad, I'll also post pics as soon as I have em done ^^

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  6. Wyvern__

Local Time:
    IMG_20200907_121601 (2).
    IMG_20200907_121609 (2).
    Right, I nearly forgot to post an update! Since the last post I finished a dozent or so minis, these are some examples~ Probably will post em on DeviantArt as well