1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Dj2 Dimension Building Alternative

Discussion in 'Divine Journey 2' started by Masqueeraded, Mar 7, 2022.

?

Should This Be Implemented

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Masqueeraded

Masqueeraded Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:48 AM
    In Chapter 27 Manufactured World, the Quest book wants you to create 3 world. 1 for Molten Supremium, 1 for Molten Mystic and 1 for Molten Stellar Alloys. Obviously creating new dimensions is disabled so I suggest an alternative.

SirWilli Tank V2.0

The recipe follows the same as the Ender Tank in Dj2 but with a few tweaks. (See Attached Picture)

2 Dimension Enscribers, 1 Liquid Absorber, 1 Dimension Builder, 2 Blaze Meshes, 2 Triple Compressed Obsidian Blocks and 1 Portable tank ( Must be a FULL Portable Tank. Filled with Molten Stellar Alloy, Molten Mystic or Molten Supremium.)
    Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 9.16.47 PM.

Dj2 is already a Grind and causing so many issues. Adding this recipe would help alleviate some possible laggy setups.

IsHayden likes this.
  2. Syphin777

Syphin777 Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:48 AM
    +1 to this. without this the pack becomes a super uphill battle since they use that in SP games to speed up the game and help with the lag of the other ways to make those.

3. Masqueeraded

Local Time:
    Forgot to mention this but the crafting result is supposed to be Private Ender Tank filled with one of the various liquids mentioned above.

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:48 PM
    I believe theres many people on MyM who already beat the pack without it - similiar idea was suggested to Infinity Expert and was decided against.

IF there is way to do stuff without changing pack staff wont change it.

5. Masqueeraded

Local Time:
    Nope. Nobody has beat the pack on the server. In SP probably because its not as restrictive as the server and they can create dimensions.

6. Syphin777

Syphin777 Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Lord and my bases are the most advanced on the server and we were looking at the upcoming quests and really noticed how much it was going to kill our progress that private servers and SP would never have. I have beat packs that have dims in it but none that had a whole chapter dedicated to it. Each chapter NEEDS the chapters below it and expect you to have what they made you do... so I can expect the chapters after to require a lot of liquids and mats from those worlds.

7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    I will look into this. Anyone know which chapters and quest ids they are?

8. Syphin777

Syphin777 Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    All of chapter 27 is dimensions

9. Masqueeraded

Local Time:
    Hey @Aidoneus
    Its been a few weeks, Any updates on this? If you guys are unable to create a new recipe, my alternative for the alternative would be changing the quest rewards for quest #652, #650, and #649 to be a Black Hole Tank Filled with the respective fluids. (Molten Supremium, Molten Mystic, Molten Stellar Alloy).

Syphin777 likes this.
  10. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    6:48 AM
    I mentioned this already to Aido to bring up in the next admin meeting.

11. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Sorry. Have had a lot on my mind trying to get done.

I will look into this more this weekend. (I have the next 5 days off from work)

LordEreh likes this.
  12. IsHayden

IsHayden Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Would it alternatively be realistic to create dimensions accessible thru the mym portal + the components necessary to make that dim in singleplayer, or would adding ~3 extra shared rftools dimensions already be too intensive considering they're still entire dimensions?

13. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Alright, I ran into some big issues adding recipes and I will be looking into an alternative.

IsHayden likes this.
  14. Masqueeraded

Local Time:
    How about this?

I replaced the Dimension Builder with a Stabilized Dimensional Machine Frame.

The Blaze Meshes with Oxygen-Rich Barium Calcite Perpetuator.

And lastly replaced the triple compressed Obsidian with Corrupted Dragon Tokens.

Screen_Shot_2022-04-01_at_10.33.46_PM.

15. IsHayden

Local Time:
    ^^ The recipe would include all the necessary items that gate the dimension builder, and includes the 4 empty dimension tabs in the dimension inscribers, the most expensive part of the recipe

upload_2022-4-1_19-50-42.

16. IsHayden

Local Time:
    Are we able to get other fluids added to this list too? (such as molten refined coralium?)

17. Masqueeraded

Local Time:
    Seeing how there isn't the quest that requires an entire dimension of this liquid I want to say no lmao. At least for now lets just get these 3 tanks in and worry about the rest later

SovereignEternal likes this.
  18. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    Like Lord said, there isn't a quest that requires these, so it's unlikely. All that would do would be to make the pack a bit easier, so it probably won't happen.

19. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:48 PM
    Well it summarizes to few things:
    1. MyM usually dont change the pack IF there is possibility of doing stuff without it.
    2. DJ2 is expert pack so... being hard is the concept of the pack.
    3. To make network run smoother RFtools dimension building is disabled but that limits the sources of many usefull stuff
    4. All above points forces players to use alternative route of doing stuff that require or more machines(but too much is not advised bc its multiplayer so we need to take consider in possible lag monsters) or much more time needed to complete the task.
    5. But what player have to do in case i described in 4? Stand idle and just wait, offline load the base? Doesnt it will discourage many people to complete the pack in that way? Still there were/are expert packs on MyM that were beaten without doing special tanks of fluids, like I said earlier.

20. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    Many packs require players to wait for resources to collect, dj2 included. Waiting for a few additional resources doesn't really change the pack that much.