1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valid Donator ONLY Servers (with perks)

Discussion in 'Monetization Suggestions' started by tigger3, Nov 10, 2017.

1. tigger3

tigger3 Active Member

Local Time:
    9:52 PM
    Suggestion Title:
    Donator ONLY Servers
    Short Description:
    Make some Servers ONLY for Donators (i think to bring it on one height with the Guidelines, even Mods and others who go on the Server will have to pay if they arent just doing something really necessary on that Server)

2. ApexMega

ApexMega Active Member

Local Time:
    1:52 PM
    Suggestion Title:
    1 F2P server for everyone. 1 all-perks server for donators
    Short Description:
    Pretty much the title, 1 server where no one has perks but everyone can play. and 1 server were everyone has perks but only donators can play in.
    Long Description:
    Having 2 separate servers for every mod pack probably will be the best way. Server 1 is F2P and everyone has access to it, but nobody has perks donator or otherwise, and then Server 2 is the donator one where only donators can go to it and all their perks are enabled, that way its 1 F2P server that's 100% allowed and then 1 donator server where everyone has all perks which should be 100% allowed too.​

3. tigger3

tigger3 Active Member

Local Time:
    Also you can give the normal Donator Perks on those servers because everyone on the server will have it so you can label it as an server addon instead of an donation perk

4. wyndman

wyndman Administrator Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:52 PM
    Always been a fan of this idea. The drawback is again we're going to spread our staff a little thinner, with one or two additional servers this might not be an issue.

The_Icy_One likes this.
  5. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I also support this idea. It will make some players angry that can't afford it, but at the same time it also attracts players that want to play on a more mature server, that doesn't have the random walk-ins.

Timmypwn, Cantiel and Datsaltysnek like this.
  6. bryan84

bryan84 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  7. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:52 PM
    This seems actually very awesome

8. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

Decnav likes this.
  9. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:52 PM
  10. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

11. JessTheGreat

JessTheGreat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:52 PM
    I like this. It would eliminate a lot of player conflicts I think. Those who have donated wouldn't lose what they have & you would maintain the source of income. Only question would be would you wipe everything out & have everyone start over? Or would only non-paying players have to start over in a new node, while the paying players stay where they are & keep what they have? this would also be a bit time intensive for staff because it means they would have to open a lot of new server nodes.

Also, maybe make all new packs paying players only to start.

12. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

13. LordEreh

LordEreh To WOW or to NOT WOW?

Local Time:
  14. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

Decnav likes this.
  15. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps The Meme Lord

Local Time:
    12:52 PM
    Think of it this way. Anyone on here heard of Runescape? Yeah, kindof a really old game that is still around. Why is it still around? One reason is because it uses a very similar model; One FTP server group(In their case) and one PTP server group. The players can play as much as they want, for free, on the normal servers. However, they are locked out of some things. Thus, they upgrade to a paid account. Now they have access to everything, AND they get to keep their stuff!
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 16, 2017 ---
    This makes the FTP and PTP server model w/ kept items is amazing, because in truth it really does help the players. and since it'll be a private server, we can keep the tiered donor system, as it's not a public server.

The_Icy_One likes this.
  16. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    This has the most traction of the ideas I've seen. Currently, many servers run multiple nodes anyhow, so staff work will balance out, I think. Node 1 is FTP, while node 2 etc. are PTP. Increased work on Node 1 will be balanced by less work on Node 2. Really, it's the same number of players, just distributed a bit differently, so the only added work is the moving of people from one node to another when they subscribe. That is work generated in direct result of income, so maybe not so bad. I agree that most people with access to a PC capable of playing modded MC can probably cough up a small stipend every month. Exceptions exist, all generalizations are false, including this one.

The_Icy_One and bryan84 like this.
  17. JessTheGreat

JessTheGreat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:52 PM
    Only addition I have to the previous comment is that i would much prefer a yearly subscription, or at least have the option for it. i just personally find it annoying to deal with things like this every month. I'd rather pay once for the year & be done with it. I recognize not everyone is like that. just a personal preference.

bryan84 likes this.
  18. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps The Meme Lord

Local Time:
    And I also believe current donors should be able to accessthe server anyway, because as I've stated countless times, a subscription based server is likely to die without some form of divine intervention (I'm referring to someone willing to pay up for the server's maintenance costs)

bryan84 likes this.
  19. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

20. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    8:52 PM
    Note that Runescape is now transitioning to more reliance on a small group of big spenders as an income source, selling faster progression through micro-transactions, so may not be the best example anymore.

bryan84 likes this.