1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DW20 1.10.2 Chisel & Bits Glowstone Bits

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by DoomX777, Dec 2, 2016.

1. DoomX777

DoomX777 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:16 PM
    So, I just read from the FAQ of C&B that we can configure the minimum glowstone required to emit light. the default is 6.25% (256 bits) of glowstone required for the thing to emit light. can the admin reduce it to 0 so a single bit can emit light? because I really want to make a some light sources but it seems using 256 bits of glowstone will make it big :p

2. Rubijox

Rubijox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    you can always paint glowstone with blocks using the painter or painting machine(i think its one of those 2) from ender io, or try to hide the glowstone bits inside of a hollow bits block, im sure theres also other ways to hide lights around(not sure if carpenter blocks are in there or not)
    you might even be able to paint glowstone with chisel and bits blocks, though i havent tried yet so i dont know.

3. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:16 AM
    I doubt this should be a thing. a better choice would be to appeal to whomever creates the modpack to modify the value. they must of had their reason to set it where it is at right now.

4. DoomX777

DoomX777 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:16 PM
    sorry if I misunderstand your statement but I just checked inside the config file and there is the setting to change the "minimum bits" for it to emit light. im just simply asking the admin to reduce the minimum so I can make some small light sources with C&B

5. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:16 AM
    @DoomX777 You most likely did misunderstand, no worries.

The only reason we ever modify the configs is for the following:
    • Server stability
    • Custom recipes to work around banned items and for server stability
    • Thaumcraft Research difficulty
    • Ender Chest size
    • Disabling of items and blocks which break the server
    • Polls
      • Requires large percentage of server players to vote.
      • Requires majority of vote to be positive (usually about 75%)
      • Poll must have Chicken option and not be time limited.

lryanle, Sandstroem and coolgi3000 like this.