1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[DW20] My thoughts on what we could do with PvE

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by danielssonj, Aug 19, 2015.

1. danielssonj

danielssonj New Member

Local Time:
    4:58 AM
    Alright, so I know that PvP can technically be enabled, but honestly, not many people PvP and when they do, there really isnt much of a reward from it either. I have no intention to sit here and ask for open PvP and raiding/stealing because honestly, I think I have a better alternative. I went searching around for a way to make PvE much more fun, and my prayers were answered when I found the MythicMobs plugin. (MythicMobs - Role Playing - Minecraft Bukkit Plugins - Curse) I believe this mob is wonderful, because there are many pieces to this plugin that can be altered. You can create custom mobs, bosses, or ascended forms of mobs, as well as custom items that these mobs can use or drop on death (chance to drop any items is also configurable). On top of this, you can either make it so that they spawn randomly or in specified locations. On top of the chance to spawn, you can also add conditions for their spawning. But with all these new things you can add in, the things you change dont all have to be brand new, You can also configure base mobs to have skills and different drops. I find PvE to be kind of boring on this server, I find myself AFKing in my base for most of my time on this server just waiting for things like bees to breed and ores to be processed, I hope someone can give this idea some actual thought, and even if your not an admin or owner of the servers, you can always give input because there are probably some things I didnt go over or consider that you could point out.

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    9:58 AM
    related server DW20

3. danielssonj

danielssonj New Member

Local Time:
    mhmm, thanks for reminding me, I should have specified that initially :)

4. ImpureFools

ImpureFools New Member

Local Time:
    1:58 AM
    seems like a relatively good idea, but what if a new player joins the game, gets killed by one of these new mobs, then complains about it? what if the mobs spawn with some decent armor or even endgame armor like ichor, wouldnt that be a tad messed up?

5. danielssonj

danielssonj New Member

Local Time:
    Alright, I see your point here. The spawning conditions can be set if needed. The monsters will rarely spawn if you set their spawn rates correctly. Cooldowns on the spawns can also be set, I think that if you set the conditions properly and the new players arent fresh into minecraft itself, i would say 1 in 100000 players (an exaggeration ofc) will find this to be a problem, and even then, you can set spawn conditions to only allow them to spawn in caves. About the armor issue, the monsters dont just get random armor, the custom mobs will spawn with armor that you yourself specify in the config, if you look at the video the guy made, the zombie skeleton spawns with the custom crown and sword each an every time, whether or not you can specify variations, im not sure, but they wont be spawning with ichor unless you state that you want them to in the cfg.

6. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    just replace every spawning mob with a wither.

7. danielssonj

danielssonj New Member

Local Time:
    yeah, that would make this server really new player friendly.

8. Bastian_76

Bastian_76 New Member

Local Time:
    6:58 PM
    I think your better off asking for a new server to be setup which is PvP/PvE, maybe the claimed bases are sacred no PvP and everywhere else is fair game. Maybe have a dimension where weird mobs can be found ie PvE dimension. DW20 should be kept as is. I dont like the idea of building things and mob farms where unpredictable things would appear nor do I want to permanently look over my shoulder whilst doing things. DW20 pack was never meant as a Pv-anything pack.

9. danielssonj

danielssonj New Member

Local Time:
    Yeah, I guess I see what you mean, I thought of it as something for players to do in the downtime when waiting for large projects to be prepared. I also thought it could add an interesting aspect to the server itself, I definetally see where you are coming from though, I am sure you probably wont have to be constantly looking over your shoulder, so long as your not sitting AFK in a dark box. But Mob spawners will not be spawning these monsters in, I believe they are a part of the random world gen, they have a %chance of spawning in given conditions.