1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easier Way to keep Track of what happens on the forums.

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by iStarlightz, May 17, 2017.

1. iStarlightz

iStarlightz Prince Cuddles

Local Time:
    7:22 PM
    This "easier" way is an app for smartphones called Tapatalk. It is configurable to send notifications to you when people post a new thread or reply to a thread you are wanting to keep track of. I see this mainly helpful for staff as well as people who would like to help out the community by replying with helpful suggestions to their various questions and or problems.

I personally was speculating on the usefulness of this app but as I was wanting to get various updates for 10+ different forum websites it started become very clear to me how much simpler my time has become. Instead of sitting on the forums 24/7 and clicking refresh to see if a thread that I am interested in has been posted I am able to have more time playing my games. When something related has been posted it sends a notification to me on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Blizzix_

Blizzix_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I saw that you were using tapatalk last night so I went to install it but for some reason I cant sign in with google or facebook. It keeps saying "Connection Error. Please try again later" or something like that. As I said I downloaded yesterday so it has been later. Im on Android anything I should try or do you know a fix? I tried to reinstall the app but it did not work. Lmk if you have any ideas. Thanks

3. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    Hmm well I forgot how the initial sign in goes but if you want to access various forums you have to use the forum account that you have made for that website.

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:22 AM
  5. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    Yes but I am talking about mobile and I do not think iPhone are able to get chrome.

6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:22 AM
    Then add "Mobile" to your title :p

7. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    Sorry for not adding mobile but did right from the start mention it being an app for smartphones. :)

8. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    Is that "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" at the end optional? I feel like I would get tired of that pretty quick.

9. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    I don't know can check but it really doesn't bother me.

EDIT: Confirmed you can change the "Sent from Tapatalk" in the Signature settings.

10. Blizzix_

Blizzix_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I do know there is a pro app the cost like 3$ I think which may get rid of the branding. I for one cant get the app to work.