1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End Game Item List :Player Heads

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by picklehead8521, Dec 11, 2018.

1. picklehead8521

picklehead8521 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    On AG2 it is a progression pack and it is against the rules to trade any item besides a single oak sapling if a player looses that item.

Im suggesting an exclusion to that rule to include player heads.
    Player heads are purely cosmetic items and in a pack with headcrumbs in it it is fun to collect other peoples heads and display them on a wall in your house.

Understandably you can trade these items in private chat but i feel like it takes away from gameplay if you cant talk about it in chat and its not allowed

2. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    5:41 AM
    First post of: Agrarian Skies, Agrarian Skies Plus, and Agrarian Skies 2 | MineYourMind Community says it all.
    Also... Player heads are not purely cosmetic. They also act as a stabilizing agent in Thaumcraft Infusion Altars. Which requires research to unlock, which puts them in line with the stuff mentioned in previously linked forum post (or at least thats what i think). Mod/Staff input would be probably required on this difference of opinion.

However, its not just player heads being traded/given away on AS2. Its more than that and you know it. I am not solely trying to harass you and play rule police. Theres lots of players who keep asking for stuff and random ppl just mailing them stuff (other than saplings). I think @HanoverFist69 also talked to some people about this already (yesterday).

For staff reference: Minecraft Ticket System - by MineYourMind
    Only visible to staff

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Whoa two of my favorite players in one thread, this has to be Christmas coming early. Picklehead, the end game lists have been tossed around, digested, dissected, and any other verbs you can think of many times over. So while the list is strict, there was a reasoning behind it being so strict, and even something simple like heads was taken into consideration when we slapped an endgame list on this pack that would make Jadedcat proud.

Heads in this case as Deepcage pointed out have a purpose in Thaumcraft meaning they aren't so cosmetic anymore.

It's also much easier for players to follow the end game list when it is down to two items. I have lots of thoughts on end game lists, you can probably find them on the forums :happy:

I'd also be remiss if I didn't applaud the ticket link, unlike Bethesda, our tickets are only view able by staff.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    However you can get them easily without thaumcraft, the mere fact that they can be USED in thaumcraft does not make it endgame.

This is similar to the argument that was made a long time ago by an admin that iridium (on FTB monster) was endgame and therefore had a certain price floor, where both me and chaosblad3 pointed out that A. endgame means can't be traded and B. it was a random thing that could be gotten from dungeon loot, meaning it can be very very earlygame. Just because it's USED for something "endgame" or "progression based" does not mean it in itself is like that, otherwise flower petals from botania would be "end game" on all packs.

5. picklehead8521

picklehead8521 Well-Known Member

Local Time:

My forum post doesn't mention any of this so no need to bring this up at all.... It was suggestion about player heads.

Even if they are a thaumcraft stabilizer almost every new player who comes on this server dies at least 10 times within an hour and has 10 player heads on them.

But thanks wyndman i didn't realize i had acquired such a status as deepcage lol

6. deepcage

Local Time:
    Offtopic: Sorry, couldnt resist. You mentioned 90% of staff hated me in AS2 Chat... seems like this applies to you as well then :D

7. wyndman

Local Time:
    I like deepcage. I like a lot of players, it's safe to assume I like most players, normally the ones I don't no longer play here because there behavior has caused them to be removed. Of course I do have my favorites to, I admit my bias, few people ever would. :happy:

8. wyndman

Local Time:
    To all this well thought out argument, I provide you the ultimate response handed down from parent to parent for generations. Because I said so.

Ultimately those end game lists have as I mentioned before been involved in heavy discussion, arguments and hair pulling before they get posted. HQM Skyblocks just are easier to deal with, better to eliminate everything than nitpick items. In my mind an HQM Skyblock or quest based if you prefer, are meant to be more difficult, in some cases meant to be a solo grind, this makes them especially sensitive to my pigeon theory, if you feed a pigeon it keeps coming back asking for more. When you open the door to open trading of items, players may become more dependent on others to finish a pack. The end result is the player providing the items becomes frustrated, they're now playing for someone else, and the person asking becomes frustrated once the flow of items stops. This scenario plays out on a daily basis, when newer players join a server and assume no staff is around they ignore those rules becoming disruptive to those people who just want to play their game.

TLDR It's end game if someone puts it on a list.

9. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    Ultimately, I agree, however, my main "point", was that the lists are, in fact, arguable and nebulous at times, and that the servers that aren't skyblocks packs' have endgame lists usually based on the rarity, difficulty to obtain, the progression required, and various "gates" needed to obtain them. Skyblocks are unique because they have a clear progression based system, and that they are special for this, most other packs are not like this, and in that manner they are more restricted because of it.

10. deepcage

Local Time:
    chugga just let it rest lol. God Wyndman has spoken!