1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against End Game Limit on the Market

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by UCGSMILEY, Dec 16, 2021.

?

Do not allow end game items on the market

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. UCGSMILEY

UCGSMILEY Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:25 PM
    For Infinity Evolved, this is something which may have come up but should be revisited again. Before Node 1 completely died, there was a limit on the end game items being sold on the market. The old rules from what I could recall:

People could not be sold items that they were unable to or have not achieved. This became more lax and people could sell creative items (builder wand, belt of flight, angel ring).

No end game item could be sold unless the play hit that level (awakened ichor items, awakened draconic items. Then that rule was removed and people sold chaos shards, full draconic reactors, full draconic armor, staff of power, etc

One the end game list was removed, the number of players went from 15-20 a day to 2-3 a day; effectively killing the server completely. I'd like to bring this rule back for consideration. The other option to keep the server "fresh" is to reset the overworld every new year. I know some servers (that I also play on) do this; some every Jan, some every 18/24 months.

2. UCGSMILEY

Local Time:
    So, I messed up..

Yes = Allow End Game items on the market
    No = No end game items allowed on the market.

Sorry!

3. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    3:25 PM
    I assume you are talking about Infinity Expert with those player numbers, but that server was losing people long before we removed the restrictions on selling end game items, nor has it affected our other packs, normal or expert. The thing with infinity expert, it is an old pack that is a very generic expert mode pack. Most people are moving on to newer and more interesting packs.

As for resetting a server, we have claim resets built in to automatically happen when a player is gone too long. We limit full server resets to only be when we really need to.

SovereignEternal likes this.
  4. UCGSMILEY

Local Time:
    no I meant Infinity Evolved. The 1.7 (regular mode). Node 1. The same as the current "World 2"

5. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    3:25 PM
    I am confused, because Infinity normal is still one of the most popular modpacks on our network, not to mention it did recently have a complete reset.