1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farming Worlds Moved

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by SirWill, Apr 9, 2014.

1. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    11:48 AM
    hey,

we created new farming worlds and moved them out of the Monster New Server to its own server.
    For the time being we will not delete the current farmworlds, but we will deny the placing of quarries to see the performance impact of them.

Why this change?
    At the moment the TPS are really low also if there are only ~20 players online and we don´t want to reset. With this change you can switch to the farmworld server to get your resources without block-lag. Also the monster new server should be relieved a bit.

How can I get to this server?
    At the spawn on the opposite side of the normal farmworld teleport there is a new portal. This portal allows you to travel between the farm-server and monster-new-server. But make sure that you read the text on the monitor next to the portal. Edit: You need to connect to the IP monster-farm.mineyourmind.net or monster-farm.mym.li now because the portals stopped working :(

What is the difference between Farmworld and Quarryworld?
    The farm-world is for players and not for quarries. This world allows the use of turtles, mining laser and other items which could bypass the protection.
    The quarry-world allows to place quarries and the creation of claims for the setup of the quarry. Turtles, Mining Laser & Co are not allowed in this world.

How should I get my items from the quarry to my base?
    Well, this a great disadvantage. At the moment it is only possible to move items with the inventory over the portal. That's why we allow claiming in the quarry world, that you can setup a system which sorts your items and makes it compact.
    We also allow the usage of the BC Landmarks that you don't need to move your quarry and travel too often (likely to change in future).

If you still have a question on this topic then leave it below. You can also give us feedback and suggestions about this change.

-------
    I know that my English grammar is not good but I hope you can understand it and see over the errors. If something is unclear then just ask ;)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    cbrozak likes this.
  2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    5:48 AM
    can we get an infinite lava ender tank because (I) at least can't power my magmatic dynamos to power my qp because i can't bring enough lava in portable tanks to the place

3. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    10:48 AM
    Use drums from extra utilities instead of portable tanks, they hold 256 buckets each and only take 6 of any type of steel and 11 iron in total to make, or better yet, make/buy a RS energy cell and charge it up at your base before going to place the quarry so you can leave all the dynamos at your base instead of having to set them up at the quarry site.

4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
  5. MaxUumen

MaxUumen New Member

Local Time:
    12:48 PM
    You can also move max size steel tank with contents using dislocation focus. And a strongbox can contain other strongboxes and so on full of buckets of lava or whichever storage method you prefer so you can't say you can't bring enough lava.

chaosblad3 likes this.
  6. privilegue

privilegue Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thats all good, but I for one have a question: How do I get to Quarry World? :D

7. MaxUumen

MaxUumen New Member

Local Time:
    12:48 PM

8. Finstermoor71

Finstermoor71 New Member

Local Time:
    Hello
    Have it tested again.
    So at first I could normally log in via the lobby and go without problems between the new farm world and the Overworld via the portal. Now it's back so I'm kicked out at switch to the new farm world and me after some time could not log in anymore.

Furthermore, I noticed that when you go through the portal to the new farm world, the inventory is doubled. This happens in both directions! If you then the things which you have mitgebraucht from the farm world can be traced back to the Overworld and you then travels to the farm world, the things left behind are on the inventory again. Man this is so in the inventory and in a chest in the Overworld.

Finstermoor71

P. S. Sorry for this English, but I use a translator because my English is not so good.

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Don't put too many strongboxes into strongboxes, you will kill your player.dat

10. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:48 AM
    Strongboxeption.

chugga_fan likes this.
  11. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    how about goldbagception?

cbrozak likes this.
  12. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    That is just as bad...

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    how about those tinkers bagception?[DOUBLEPOST=1397181686,1397181429][/DOUBLEPOST]
    better... MEDRIVECEPTION

14. Lato_Diafol

Lato_Diafol Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    JSUK try not to put ME drives in backpacks either a large backpack of ME drives in your inv will cause you to get an "End of Stream" error unless your player data is reset. I learned this the hard way so don't make the same mistake.

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    dude i'm talking about putting ME drives in ME drives...

16. Lato_Diafol

Lato_Diafol Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Dude. Thats probably even worse...

Try it on SSP first

17. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Since the portals stopped working, we had to change it to the system like monster-new and monster-plus. So you have to use the IP monster-farm.mineyourmind.net or monster-farm.mym.li to connect to the farmworld server.

18. privilegue

Local Time:
    Is there a way to move items from quarryworld to M+ or do we need to store locally and then move quarried items?

Also -- there is a bug when you connect to farmworld and then back to M+. Here is how to replicate:

1) Connect to Farmworld server as per domainname here.
    2) go to lobby / disc
    3) try and connect to M+, you will receive: "Kicked whilst joining, Internal Server Error"

You wont be able to connect. How to fix it?

after disconnect from farmworld server goto connect to normal monster 2 and then lobby and then connect to M+

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  19. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    try to use only the direct hostnames:
    monster-new.mineyourmind.net
    monster-plus.mineyourmind.net
    monster-farm.mineyourmind.net

20. privilegue

Local Time:
    tried that, this will just close your client with error instead of showing error message when you try from lobby.

what about moving items between the servers? manually with setup at quarry?