1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ferret Business] Disable banned items from bags.

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Kalumniatoris, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Kalumniatoris

Kalumniatoris Active Member

Local Time:
    11:36 AM
    I managed to get legendary reward bag, which has (only) banned (in ires) item inside (Shard of Laputa XV).

I would like to ask to remove such items from possible rewards.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    5:36 AM
    They aren't able to do that without modifying the pack itsself, sorry :(, if there was a good way to report that it happens and it was easy to prove then there might be a way to fix this, sorry about the loss of items

3. Kalumniatoris

Local Time:
    I'm unable to see reason, why they couldn't edit server mod config file, as from what I know, it would override client ones. And possible rewards are saved in text files in easy to read/edit format.
    E.g Laputa shards are in \config\ferretshinies\blindbags\BotaniaBlindBagSeriesA1.cfg and G1
    as Botania:laputaShard:*** etc.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    it doesn't override the client ones afaik, but you can check that at their github GitHub - lorddusk/HQM: Hardcore Questing Mode

5. Kalumniatoris

Local Time:
    It's not in HQM, Ferret Business have their own mod to manage rewards. They used HQM for quests, but now they use BQQB (Better Questing Quest Book) for quests and Ferret Shines for random rewards. They use HQM bags, but only to randomize which one of their bag would be choosen, and there is no need to change those.

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Really? I found the github GitHub - Funwayguy/BetterQuesting I can't tell if it sync the client/server side, but apparently it does somewhat, not sure if it would do the same for item rewards but for quests apparently it does

7. Kalumniatoris

Local Time:
    Well, maybe I explained it not clear enough, English isn't my first language, and I have sometimes tendency to create slightly weirdly complexed sentences, sorry for that.
    Reward bags are in another mod, called "Ferret Shines" (which was originally made for this modpack)

8. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It would require lots of work. More important things to do, tbh

SirStudMuffin likes this.
  9. Kalumniatoris

Local Time:
    I understand that you have more urgent things to do.
    I would also like to point that only levels 5, 15 and 20 are banned (probably because that only those, (among with 1 and 10(probably missed) are in NEI). And from bags you can get any level between those (like 19)