1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done /fly turning off when switching dimensions

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by chaosblad3, Nov 11, 2015.

1. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    10:14 AM
    Every time a t4 donor teleports to a different dimension by any means (/home, portal, etc) their /fly turns itself off, and in the case of t4 specifically who don't also have /god mode they sometimes take random fall damage because of it... is there any way this can be fixed so that /fly always stays on when teleporting??

Same thing also happens when logging in, /fly is always disabled and has to be re-enabled instead of remembering the state it was in before last logging out.

I know it's only a minor annoyance, but it really does add up over time, so if it could be easily fixed then that would be great!

DizzyRonson and Rebelborn like this.
  2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    11:14 AM
    Does it show any chat message when it gets disabled?

3. PoorlySquare080

PoorlySquare080 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:14 AM
  4. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:14 AM
    I think that happens with all flying items aswell (at least I am pretty sure)

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Hm, not sure why it happens then. essentials.fly.safelogin is set.

6. PoorlySquare080

PoorlySquare080 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Its really only a problem for me when I do /home from a higher y axis. Then its died from fall from high place!! ooppps

7. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    If you are up in the air when you log out then the safelogin thing does work and you stay flying when you log in, what I meant was if you log out on the ground with fly turned on then it will be turned off when you next log in.

I've tried to just get into the habit of always typing it as soon as I log in, but it's very easy to forget and go to fly off the edge of a structure only to fall to the ground.. like I said, a minor inconvenience but if there is perhaps a simple solution then that would be much appreciated.

PoorlySquare080 likes this.
  8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I don't think there is any setting for this

9. Tabsz

Tabsz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    /god does stay on when switching dimensions... or it did the last time I tried it... then you take no fall damage. And you can just turn /god off when your safely on the ground ;-)

10. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    I am aware of this, but then that does pose the question of why /god is able to stay on constantly when /fly apparently can't?

PoorlySquare080 likes this.
  11. Tabsz

Tabsz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Could we add the ability for afk to turn on God mode or will that not help?

Nevermore that wouldn't work...

12. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Honestly I just leave my /god on all the time so it's not the damage i'm bothered about, it's the inconvenience of having to type /fly upwards of 100 times per day ;)

13. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    @chaosblad3 feel free to experiment a little with permissions. But as you have op your self, I doubt there is a way, unless there is a permission that needs to be denied.

14. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    Other flight methods working similar to the normal /fly, IE gravity chestplate, also switch off when changing dimensions. The only solution for this problem would be to listen for dimension change events and to re-enable flight if necessairy. If someone has time he can implement this, but I don't think it's that important compared with other issues. Just don't set a home point up in the air.

15. SpArKeRzZ_

SpArKeRzZ_ I Am Legion

Local Time:
    I hear your pain, I too find my self having to type /fly 50-100 times a day.

16. Kutao217

Kutao217 New Member

Local Time:
    6:14 AM
    See, I have this issue that if I'm a mob that can fly (like a bat or whatever) or I have wings on and I log off, once I log back in I always get the message "/fly will be disabled in 15 seconds" or something close to that. It does disable my fly at the time but I can get back up and fly after. It's really annoying at times.

17. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    That's only as staff member

18. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    I get that that was added to stop non-donor staff from leaving their /fly on when not doing staff stuff, but to be honest, if that mechanism isn't capable of detecting whether they are flying because of an item or ability from the modpack then I think it should be removed because I don't really think it's fair to inconvenience staff like that just for the sake of it, cause really all that says is that you don't trust those staff members to use their staff powers responsibly..

19. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Wouldn't don't trust mean, we would need to disable it completely for them? Its more about forgetting to turn it off or something like that. To be honest, I don't really know why it is there. I guess @LucidTheStick would know.

20. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Perhaps it could be changed from a forced disable to a passive reminder instead e.g. pseudo code:
    On join
    If staff = true and flying = true and tier4 = false then
    Print("You appear to still have /fly enabled, please remember that you are only permitted to use /fly when carrying out your staff duties. If you are able to fly because of an item or ability from this modpack then please disregard this message.")
    End if

That way it still helps to prevent staff from leaving it on but doesn't actually forcibly turn it off.