1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Activity Rewards

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Jaytuple, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:47 PM
    So the forums are a bit dead, like very dead. It honestly makes the server feel a bit more empty, missing a part of the community fun. To encourage more forum activity and add liveliness, I suggest giving forum rewards. As a player posts, they have a certain chance to get a reward (with time limits to prevent abuse and spam, or just lower chance if no time limit). My first thought is bonus claimblocks, maybe something small but meaningful in the long-run. Or there could be a special shop specifically for forum credits that give their own items, whether individual or server-wide.

2. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:47 PM
    It seems that the forums are purely dedicated to the errors of players and the reporting of other points. I am not much of a talker (accept to report a problem), but even I have noticed a lot of bots and a lot of nothing being said, players coming on to play anything else except Minecraft, and this uses resources that (if players would play) are diverted into hosting any other online game instead of Minecraft. I have said this before and I was soundly defeated even when staff was presented proof by their own logs that it was happening. I will probably play until I die, and it may not even be on this server because I have started looking for the community that is gone. If it ever comes back... who knows.

3. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    Personally, I like the idea. I've been around here for a fair while, and I miss the level of activity we used to have on the forums. I'm not exactly sure how these kinds of rewards might be implemented, but it's worth considering.

4. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    I don't quite understand what you mean. Are you suggesting we host servers for other games, or something else?

5. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:47 PM
    SocerignEternal, you missed it. I have proved by the logs of the server that people come on to play Minecraft, that is the past people come on and do anything else except play Minecraft, get bores with it, and start a Hero war game while still in the server. I may not be the brightest bulb in the pack, but even I can tell that if someone is online in a server, and using server resources, playing Hero War, that person is using resources that should be available to someone that may want to play Minecraft.
    I do not think that I have ever seen This server at max and still have people in the cue to get on. I have been on such a server. I was a mod on a Minecraft game server where one could join a Mini-game, play until they lost their standing, then were kicked to have to rejoin the Minigame as the rotation got back to them. This used to be a very popular medium to introduce a new game. A Round Robin in of Minecraft. I was not the one that introduced this method, but I found out that the system worked and worked well, because the players have an opportunity to play on a server... as long as they did not die. The concept was all the rage some years ago and the prison servers seem to be a direct descendant of these servers.
    I do NOT have the answers for the problem that faces us at the time, but I am probably am the only one on the server that can remember the base excitement of an open world game that is truly "Open World". I realize that the creation of plugins is what keeps modded programs afloat, and that the creation of such plugins is necessary to allow each mod to work with each other.
    I just miss the companionship of others, not necessarily in your Camp, but still willing to jump to help another player without being called for that.
    When I found that I had knowledge that others did not, I tries to help and enlighten them, and I was banned for 48 hours for duping. My crime? I used shears to gather leaves for compost instead of saplings. Luckily, this did not happen on MYM but on another very popular French based Minecraft program. I have seen the same tactics used here because someone did not understand, and took offense where none was intended, only a different way of looking at the same problem.
    I am sorry. My RANT is ended. Please do not take offense because this is my opinion and the way I see things. As I have said before, I have forgotten more than most of you will ever learn, so if I ask a stupid question, it s because to me I need reason.
    THANK YOU FOR READING!

6. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:47 PM
    Let me be blunt here. It is 2023. The media "forum" has been dead for years mostly. People use discord for communication and watch Tiktok etc for entertainment.

Stop trying to revive an outdated system. There aren't even enough players on mym to get back to 2015 activity.

7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    1:47 PM
    This is not really a helpful statement. People everywhere use forums. Not necessarily disagree with this but this is for helping revive the forums. This is pretty negative.

Let me stir the pot and see what comes of it.