1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Framedrop and reed blocks appeared

Discussion in 'Direwolf20' started by John_Frog, Oct 21, 2015.

1. John_Frog

John_Frog New Member

Local Time:
    10:44 AM
    Hello everybody, after my previous "case" posted here

Done - Some blocks disappeared | MineYourMind Community

two other strange things have happened to my neighbor elbite and me...

1. Today - after the MyM official update just released in these hours - we have realized that the game is nearly unplayable on both elbite's computer and mine: the framerate is less than 10 per second, sometime 2 or 3 fps, but no lags or connection issue, just the framerate. This problem seems to gradually fade out or vanish while going far from both elbite's and my claim, but these last hours we didn't build or place any suspected thing who might cause this issue!

The other even stranger thing occurred today:

2. Trying to investigate for what is causing the sudden and persistent framedrop experienced since today, we have also realized that - in our two attached claimed areas (elbite's and mine) - several "mysterious" blocks have been randomly scattered around in different places, apparently without any reason (please see the linked photos in elbite's post below - near each photo the related coords are reported too). Why did these blocks self-spawn? And is there any correlation with the fact that today the game has suddenly started to framedrop very much on two different computers and accounts, in prossimity of our bases/claims, as written above?

Anyway, we can easily remove those blocks manually, so you may want to avoid a local rollback :)

Thanks for the help!

Below: elbite's screenshots with coords

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  2. elbite

elbite New Member

Local Time:
    +1763 -346 63
    [​IMG]

+1570 -422 75
    [​IMG]

+1844 -412 67
    [​IMG]

+1794 -396 73
    [​IMG]

+1831 -402 93
    [​IMG]

3. John_Frog

John_Frog New Member

Local Time:
    P.S. The blocks in the first photo have already been removed by us

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I flew around at your places but didn't encounter any frame issues. :(

elbite likes this.
  5. John_Frog

John_Frog New Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for your attention Slind. I wonder what caused the spawning of the blocks (Reed block wall)? About the low framerate, since it occurred suddenly today in both elbite's computer and mine, i wonder if it can be related to the update somehow.[DOUBLEPOST=1445454672,1445452987][/DOUBLEPOST]ok, I found the cause of the slowdown, the harvester (which already had mounted a long time) for some reason slow down a lot my framerate, even if off without current. Removing it the problem is solved! Now remains the mystery of the blocks spowned :)

6. elbite

elbite New Member

Local Time:
    Yep, the framerate issue has been fixed for me too, although John_Frog's harvester didn't use to be so resource-hungry until today (weird! But we're happy: now we can play again on the server).

The only big mystery left is just the many Reed Wall blocks ("Reed Block Wall" - Botania) appearead here and there in our town... As strange as the Futura Blocks disappeared from different places in our same town, reported in the other older thread of ours: I'm not an expert, but could a Senior Moderator check with Prism how those Reed Wall blocks self-spawned (the coords are written near the pictures above)? Strange phenomena are happening in our town, seriously :mask::pompous:

Sorry for bothering and thanks! :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  7. John_Frog

John_Frog New Member

Local Time:
    I just found out that in all over the overworld there is the same problem (Reed Block Wall spawn), also in the sky :wideyed:
    [​IMG]

8. M1NN10N

M1NN10N Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:44 AM
    This is very interesting. Tagging @Moderator to check the logs

9. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    On my way to check it out[DOUBLEPOST=1445468636,1445468006][/DOUBLEPOST]Im online now and went to the cords in the overworld and it just brought me to the void? Also went to both of your bases and didn't see anything the pictures showed.

10. M1NN10N

Local Time:
    I have also gone to your base and did not see any of these placed anywhere.

11. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    this happened to me in singleplayer last week while i was planning out my base for DW20 node 1, i decided to go with infinity instead for that reason and the fact direwolf is downsising

12. M1NN10N

Local Time:
    Still something we need to work out. If this happens again please post here as soon as you notice them so that we may look into the logs and see if we can figure out what is going on.

elbite likes this.
  13. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I found these at my base aswell on node 1 but I just thought it was a person trolling me if that means anything to this

elbite likes this.
  14. elbite

elbite New Member

Local Time:
    Hello everybody and thank you all, both Staffers and Users, for your help and attention about these strange issues.

I have just shot a detailed video "documentary/evidence" about the problem with those "Reed Block Wall" Botania blocks randomly self-spawned all over the Overworld (I'm on Node 2), even in other claimed areas far from John_Frog's and mine (talking for example about JayL666 's base and creepercrunch3 's tower: please watch the video below).

Today John_Frog has told me that also another player wrote in the public chat about having his base covered with those blocks, so they actually seem spreaded all over the Overworlds... (node 1 + node 2... and node 3 maybe?).

Additionally, on my video (taken from Node 2) there's even another strange phenomenon filmed, occurred while I was building a cross of dirt over a bunch of those self-spawned blocks, in order to make a sort of "pointer" or "visual reference" for those people who can't see them for any reason, as reported by the Admin and Moderator in their posts above.

Please watch the video to have an almost complete and updated view and evidence of what is going on (it's a private video on YouTube; I made it today).

The coords of the places visited on video - if played in HD - are always visible (top-left of screen), and sometimes the Italian time and date too (bottom-right):
    OCT 22nd 2015, h 14:50 Central European Summer Time (GMT+2)

15. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Is this issue only on the old nodes or on the new server too?

16. elbite

elbite New Member

Local Time:
    I've just logged for the first time into Node 3: walked a long distance plus random-teleported myself as much as possible (on Node 3 I can't fly) and it really seems all ok... no strange blocks spotted

17. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    The dirt block things are intentional, that only happens if you don't use a shovel to dig dirt to annoy Direwolf20

alfiealfie and elbite like this.
  18. elbite

elbite New Member

Local Time:
    Ah I see, thank you very much Chugga.
    Browsing the web I've realized that it happens after the 1.7 update, because they have increased the spawn-rate of those strange creatures, if breaking dirt blocks by hand. But they also wrote that it may be a problem for tps and framerate, because breaking a large number of dirt blocks with some machinery ("ender quarry", someone from another forum/community wrote) will make spawn tons of them... Wow, that's crazy...

19. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Then it's probably a new block which got the ID of an old removed block.

elbite likes this.
  20. John_Frog

John_Frog New Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for replying; this can be a good reason, but observing the blocks spawned, many have appeared in the sky, where there was nothing, or simply on the "floors" or over the chests I placed, where I'm sure there was not any block placed before but "air".