1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTB Departed - Tutorials, Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by Lawmonark, May 24, 2015.

1. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:50 AM
    This pack is amazing, Everyone should at least try it. It has a vanilla feel but with an RPG aspect, you level your skills and kill bosses for epic weapons. That being said the main mod Advent of Ascension has a lot to learn. Once you learn the mod, this pack becomes rather enjoyable. My plan of this pack is to make a Pams kitchen with every type of food. Then take on all the bosses and collect all the weapons.

Here are videos that explains the starting of the pack and what it is about.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    DemonicFury likes this.
  2. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    My personal Tips.

Familiarize yourself with this Wiki: Advent of Ascension Wiki
    Its is the best way to learn a lot.

1. Make your floors from Carpenter blocks. I tested in single player and mobs dont spawn on them. It makes your base safer. You can also shift right click a carpenter block to make it emit light.

2. Smelt Limonite in vanilla furnaces. The reason is it helps level the smelting skill. And there is so much limonite in the world that you really dont need to double it. Also dont Shift click it out of the furnce, pick it up by clicking it then droping it in your inventory.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    DemonicFury likes this.
  3. DemonicFury

DemonicFury Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:50 AM
    i really like this persons guide. good post :D

my tips are get diamond armor real quick and use tinkers hammers for mining as soon as you can. Tinkers FTW!

4. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    I personally think Tinkers Traveler gear is the better option, Only because its a bit lower then Diamond level but you get the "skills" of the armor
    Like you dont need to jump up blocks, since you have 1 step boost.
    Also you can get "enchants" like Feather falling and Water walking, which really help to get away from mobs.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    DemonicFury likes this.
  5. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I don't know if it changed but it was actually a bit less than iron.

6. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    they have protection levels listed on the armor. Check the numbers, see how it compares.
    All i know i die in Diamond armor, but the Utility of Tinkers armor allows me to survive

7. CommonExplosion

Local Time:
    I think the armor points it displays was coded to display durability instead. (if it hasn't changed by now)

8. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    This pack has its own form of armor rating.
    It will say
    Protection: #

That lets you know its level.

9. RAINING_SHELLS

RAINING_SHELLS New Member

Local Time:
    5:50 AM
    Nice i like this post for when i get finished with DireWolf20 :D

10. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Glad to help... =)

Also i will update my post as i find more info, so check back in on it.

11. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You can't chisel cobble to mossy cobble but you can chisel smooth stone to mossy stone bricks for that sweet sweet auto repair.[DOUBLEPOST=1432624988,1432624658][/DOUBLEPOST]Also stingers and bush babies drop the realmstone to the dimension where you can get Skeletal ingots and armor. Best tool stats and the armor makes you no longer require hunger.

Lawmonark likes this.
  12. CommonExplosion

Local Time:
    Apparently the blood creatures give hunter experience. Kill as much of them as you CAN. ("can" as they can be hard to kill in the beginning)
    Some creatures can't be killed unless your hunter level is high enough so take every opportunity to level it.

13. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Watch that part 3 video. It explains all skills, Hunter being one of them.
    Hunter mobs change depending on your level
    Skill Guides - Advent of Ascension Wiki

14. CommonExplosion

Local Time:
    They don't change, you just can't hurt them untill your level is high enough.
    There is no way you can survive an encounter with high level mobs unless you run.

15. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Video 4 is out. enjoy.

16. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    7:50 PM
    Finally a good tutorial for the current modpack, the wiki is still a little bare in some places but better than nothing
    Cheers, just went through everything should be Much better now

17. Win_J

Win_J Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:50 PM
    Tip: RUSH BOTANIA FIRST
    Botania has several different items that can help u survive the different dimensions (E.g. - Flügel Wings, Sojourner's Sash, Terra Armor, etc.)

18. mine_killer14

mine_killer14 New Member

Local Time:
    7:50 PM
    For 9 iron you can make 2 bear traps. when mobs run into these they cannot move or teleport, alowing you to attack the mobs from outside their range in relative safty. these are great in hallways and intersections and in creating simple mob traps for killing your first few mobs.

for those who say Rush botania, dont. take a good look at botania, there are a lot of early game utility items that can make your life easier, so you can progress at a good pace. Once you have a few hydros, put some bellethorn flowers around your base (these attack mobs) as this is an early game defense that can be run cheap. Mana cookies can solve your food issue if you have mana to spare.

dont forget about AOA tablets, invisibility tablet can be used at level 1, and could be used in a pinch, or to avoid PvP in other dimensions. as well as for the cost of 4 stone and 4 snowballs, you can have a minion soak up some hits for you.

19. IanIsTheBoss

IanIsTheBoss Technician

Local Time:
    5:50 AM
    Another tip: once you get some moondust, create a pair of ender chest/bag, and designate it for food and cooking items. This will help save inventory space when on the move, and can be used by multiple people.