1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTB Direwofl20 best Turbine setups (Big Reactors)

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by IntruderCZ, Nov 1, 2015.

1. IntruderCZ

IntruderCZ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:58 AM
    Hello everyone,
    this will be short for now but i will expand it including adjustable spreadsheet for calculations when i get some free time.

This is 2 best RF/t setups you can get for Direwolf20:

1. This one is "safe" setup with rotor speed within 2000RPM boundary shown in GUI​
    • 27896 RF/t
    • 1774 RPM
    • 9x9x13 size with total of 514 surface blocks
    • 4 full coils of Ludicrite (32 blocks)
    • 80 rotor blades and 11 rotor shafts
    • 2000 mB/t of steam
    2. This is "unsafe" with rotor speed over 2000RPM (in GUI show as a danger zone) but i runned this one for more then 5 hours without any failure​
    • 27839 RF/t
    • 6280 RPM
    • 7x7x14 size with total of 386 surface blocks
    • 1 full + 1 block coil of Ludicrite (9 blocks)
    • 80 rotor blades and 12 rotor shafts
    • 2000 mB/t of steam

2. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    7:58 PM
    having been a veteran or direwolf, i believe ive seen both of these reactors before, and possibly a few better, you could probably collaborate with @klouster who had the biggest reactor/s and turbines (x4 they where HUGE) i've ever seen, he filled my vibrant energy bank (which is 2 million rf storage btw) in about 12 mins. cannot be bothered doing the math of rf/t on that, just trust that it was in the millions and tranfer was limited by the cables he was using (20,580 rf/t vibrant energy conduits, ender io ones)

3. CaptainPrice_

CaptainPrice_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:58 AM
    can you not run multiple turbines with 1 reactor?

4. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    you can, but it needs to be a bloody massive reactor

5. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    48k fr/t from 1 turbine runing at 1800 rpm

6. IntruderCZ

IntruderCZ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Since you cant feed more then 2000mB/f of steam into turbine for now, this is max continuous output. Technicaly and practicaly you can output milions RF for seconds from single turbine if you let is free spint to 100K+ RPM and then turn on induction, but it will rapidly slow down to normal RPM. And we talk about Direwolf20 which use default 1x ratio for RF output. For reactors to feed these turbines on of the biggest efficient one i have seen was 27x29x3 and output about 47800mB/t of steam => about 24 turbines => 669504 RF/t which is insane and i cant image why you should need that much of energy. You can run about 836 resonant machines. Not pointing on fact that you are not alone on server and all of these machines are huge multiblocks. Practicaly 1 or 2 of these 28K RF turbines should be enough for everyone. For two turbines you can use 9x9x3 reactor with efficiency 756M RF for 1 bucket yellorite ingot

7. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    and that makes me jelous, i on ferret, am running on 4 lava gens and a solar gen, but infinity i have 12 x64 lava gens to a tier seven draconic sotrage unit