1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info FTB Infinity World Switch Update

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Aidoneus, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    7:02 AM
    Hello everyone,
    I hope everyone is staying well and safe. I am going to start off this update with an apology to everyone that plays on our Infinity Normal server. It pains me to say but when I did launch the server initially, I did forget to change a setting to allow Biomes o' plenty to generate in the overworld. For that I am sorry. I am also sorry that I have fallen short on getting the new overworld moved over to replace the old one. I got pretty sick with Covid for several weeks when the fix was supposed to be implemented and didn't have the energy to really do anything on the network or on the computer all frankly. All in all, I hope everyone can forgive me on this. Enough of that, let us get onto the important information!

Time of Change Wednesday the 9th of February @ 3pm MST
    Change Logistics The above date is when everything is going to take place. The list of changes I have to make will be below;
    • Spawn - I will be importing spawn from the old world to the new one for the time being. It probably won't look very nice but we will clean it up later.
    • Homepoints - This is actually going to be pretty easy. Once you login to the server, your home-points that are in the new world will be transferred over during the switch. So they should all work as normal
    • Player Positions - This is the tricky one. For the time being, every time someone logs in to the server, they will be sent to spawn and should use their home-point to get back to there base. I will keep this on for roughly a week to allow player not to die as you could end up in a wall dying or something similar.
    Base Relocation With the huge delay on the change-over, I am guessing several people built in the current overworld. If you want us to move your base for you, please submit a ticket at the location of your base or make a forum thread with location information. This way, I will get it done for you. Please do not reply to this thread with this info. As more than likely, I will miss it.

All in all, I hope everyone forgives me on the delay of this and I will see you when the switch happens!
    Aidoneus out!

2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:02 PM
  3. AdorableMystic

AdorableMystic Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I don't know. Right now, there just seems to be a whole lot more bugs with infinity than before the recent reset. Might be better to put the whole thing in to an alpha/beta state and test everything. :/

4. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Like?

5. AdorableMystic

Local Time:
    AE2: the asteroids not spawning, and you can't put more than 8 devices total on any network no matter how many p2p's you have.
    I've not been able to explore much more than that, but AE2 not working right is kind of a deal breaker for me.

6. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:02 AM
    That is odd, as I currently have multiple P2P running just fine. Message me ingame so I can come look at your network?

7. AdorableMystic

Local Time:
    Messaged you. :)

8. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Any reason you need them? You should be able to craft everything from the asteroids? Nothing we did should affect P2P tunnels

9. AdorableMystic

Local Time:
    The p2p's seem to be working now.

10. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:02 PM
    Shall we have the nuke the old infnity overwolrd event?

11. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Probably not. As I am guessing that some people built in that world and might need transfers.

12. SparedPumpkins

SparedPumpkins Senior Moderator

Local Time:
    2:02 PM
    Any idsea how long the server will be down with the work you're doing?

13. AdorableMystic

Local Time: